SCOUTING TRIP FOR SWAN

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

SCOUTING TRIP FOR SWAN

Postby O.D.Lid » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:34 pm

Had a whole day to some scouting for swans yesterday. Bear river has changed since I was there last besides NO water the dikes seemed to change as I remember them. (it's been about 10 years) Are there fewer places to hunt now? :mad: Public is about as dry as I remember. Harold Crane has only 1 spot with water down the 3 mile road! Oh by the way only saw about 30 or so swans :no: @ bear river there is no along the side of the road field reporting/check station where a biologist would tell you when the swans were coming in and how many have been taken so far :fingerpt:
If the ocean was made of WHISKEY and I was a DUCK I'd swim to the bottom and get all F!@#% up!
O.D.Lid
hunter

Re: SCOUTING TRIP FOR SWAN

Postby cootlover » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:02 pm

public shooting grounds is closed to swan hunting you cant hunt north of the BRBR
cootlover
hunter

Re: SCOUTING TRIP FOR SWAN

Postby O.D.Lid » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:19 pm

We know that but..... if you drive to the end of public you can see where the swans sit @ BR anyhow public is dry too-- just thought I'd share what I found yesterday :thumbsup:
If the ocean was made of WHISKEY and I was a DUCK I'd swim to the bottom and get all F!@#% up!
O.D.Lid
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting