Where did the blind go?

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

Where did the blind go?

Postby Factor 8 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:36 pm

Had a really good goose shoot this morning. birds had been hitting the field for 2 days so i figured it was time to wack a few of them. Had some really good growth in the field so grassing was easy. We talked a few of them into giving up on this migration thingy. I shot triple B's for the first time. No thanks!!! should have stuck with the old reliable Federal Premium #2's!!!! Note to self, throw them triple b's away!!! What all around goose load do you prefer?

one of these birds was banded. My buddy was a little disappointed when he found out the bird was banded a few months ago and was to young to fly. If your a band guy you got to love local geese...
Factor 8
hunter

Re: Where did the blind go?

Postby elwoodUT » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:23 pm

Very nice! Hopefully I can brush my blind in like that next hunt haha.
I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways that don't work.

Thomas Edison
elwoodUT
hunter

Postby richard rouleau » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:26 pm

very nice there on the birds . I use #1or 2 when shooting goose
southern utah waterfowler
richard rouleau
hunter

Postby hamernhonkers » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:38 pm

Very nice! Love the Real geese silos :thumbsup:

Over the blocks BBB is way overkill and throws a very tight pattern. I like BBB for my long range work, pass shooting or jump shooting. Like you said a good solid load of 2 or 1 shot works very nice over the blocks :thumbsup:
Hello

David wrote:
I have suspended the suspension on the suspended, allowing the suspended to post in a non-suspending manner.
hamernhonkers
hunter

Postby Simple » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:40 pm

Very nice birds.I typically use whatever shells I have however I really like using heavy metal shells in whatever shot really I just love them. Ive killed geese with 2 3/4 shells heavy metals before. Great blind to
Simple
hunter

Postby spooner » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:41 pm

Looks like a great hunt!!
We need to meet up and go out again. How's the boat running?
spooner
hunter

Postby Wack em', stack em', pack em' » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:41 pm

Shot 8 boxes of 3 1/2 inch 2 shot in Canada a couple weeks ago... everything was falling like a dead stuck pig. Use a long range patternmaster as well. :thumbsup:
Wack em', stack em', pack em'
hunter

Postby Factor 8 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:18 am

spooner wrote:Looks like a great hunt!!
We need to meet up and go out again. How's the boat running?

The boat is running pretty good! I got to get after my mechanic to fix our constant problem of starter issues. Starter needs to be fixed once and for all. Plus a new or better trailer would be a good thing!

Yes we need to get out for a hunt! Perhaps a good old coffin shoot as I've still never done that yet! I know it's a sin to be an airboaters and not do a coffin shoot!! :eek: I'm sure my young son would eat it up!! :thumbsup:
Factor 8
hunter

Postby Factor 8 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:28 am

hamernhonkers wrote:Very nice! Love the Real geese silos :thumbsup:

Over the blocks BBB is way overkill and throws a very tight pattern. I like BBB for my long range work, pass shooting or jump shooting. Like you said a good solid load of 2 or 1 shot works very nice over the blocks :thumbsup:

You know thats what I get for over thinking it! I wasn't sure how the geese would play us with all silos so I opted to go with the only box of bbb I had. Turns out those birds wanted in without to much of an issue. I was really cussing how I was shooting!! :mad:

On a side note, I had a state parks officer show up and tell me I was hunting a closed zone for geese. He said he got a phone call from someone. I chuckled and asked him if he knew the boundary. He looked back and me and said he wasn't sure of the new boundaries. So we had a good chat and I brought him up to par. We talked ducks a bit and i thanked him for his service and went on my way. It was rather interesting...
Factor 8
hunter

Postby cootlover » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:09 pm

So that was you set up at Layton park :biggrin: nothing like slamming some honkers :thumbsup:
cootlover
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting