You wont believe this

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

You wont believe this

Postby Simple » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:04 pm

Had a great day out in the marsh today. Killed six birds with my son and brother in law. We just finished loading my bost back on the trailer and started to pull away when we saw it. Red dodge 1500 with a girl driving and two idiots in the bed of the truck with their shotguns ROAD HUNTING the tour loop at the BRBR. I starred at them for a minute confused like did I really just see that ha ha. I then noticed 2 other guys watching as well so I went over and talked to them. They informed us that those kids were shooting out of the truck and on the road at COOTS of all things. They had killed three coots. DWR was then called and those idiots were turned in. We waited for him to show up and and we wrote down our statements and he went and sited them. Turns out they were 17 and 22. If you kids are on here I hope that cop threw the book at you and you get what you have coming to ya.

I still never thought id see the day duck hunters turned into road hunters... wow
Simple
hunter

Re: You wont believe this

Postby Wack em', stack em', pack em' » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:54 pm

Not vouching for the road hunters on a federal game reserve, but many land owners/ranch owners road hunt waterfowl that way, but it is on dirt roads and private land. They see it as a hip jump shooting activity. With streams that wind for miles and little pools every so often hunting waterfowl the classic way is a waste of time for them. I couldn't agree more with you - seems like a lack of common sense.
Wack em', stack em', pack em'
hunter

Postby duckslayer74 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:09 am

Wack em', stack em', pack em' wrote:Not vouching for the road hunters on a federal game reserve, but many land owners/ranch owners road hunt waterfowl that way, but it is on dirt roads and private land. They see it as a hip jump shooting activity. With streams that wind for miles and little pools every so often hunting waterfowl the classic way is a waste of time for them. I couldn't agree more with you - seems like a lack of common sense.

Shooting from a vehicle is illegal, doesn't matter if your on private property. The only exception to that is if your handicapped and have the permit from the DWR.
Winchester SX2 12ga, SX3 20ga, Kicks Highflyer and Terror chokes.
duckslayer74
hunter

Postby cootlover » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:09 am

Even going after a crippled duck the boat has to stopped if it was propelled my a motor.
cootlover
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting