Widow Maker Boats Hunt at BRBR

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

Re: Widow Maker Boats Hunt at BRBR

Postby Wack em', stack em', pack em' » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:52 pm

I was originally pissed off when I read the first comment, but now after reading everyones back and forth dialogue it makes me laugh. You all sound like a bunch of sissys playing the he said she said crap. The deal is this would not be a thread if something hadn't happened, but it did, period. Second, saying sorry is nice, but actions speak louder than "sorrys" in my book. This is not a teenage learning moral lessons by being a complete prick to multiple people - there are no moral victories. I agree that people all need to be considerate and treat others all the way they want to be treated in the marsh. Pushing birds is illegal, it is inconsiderate to surrounding hunters, and shouldn't be done. Parking a boat close to another party's blind set up is crap as well. Telling young kids on a dike profane things is wrong as well. For those of you who know Josh and think he is innocent - that is too much to prove otherwise. People can be dicks, but let's all hope this wakes him up. If this happened to me in my blind I would have been in his face - let's hope he gets someone who won't put up with his duck dynasty wanna be pro-staff bull crap.

there's my 0.02 cents
Wack em', stack em', pack em'
hunter

Postby Factor 8 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:38 pm

Josh Noble wrote:
I can't believe this phlegm made it over here too...LMAO!! I don't know what to say other than this ^^^^ is sooooo accurate!
I was the fella UDH talked to on the dike that morning. Very polite non heated conversation with no cursing. Heck I didn't know he was upset until yesterday when he emailed Chuck the owner of Widow Maker.
Crazy stuff that could have been averted by a simple conversation.

Ah well colder weather and more ducks are on the horizon.

Be good and most importantly be safe!

Josh

The moment I read the OP I laughed! All the effects of a public marsh and the wonderful World Wide Web! Glad to hear your buddy Rob James little boy got a sweet can! Nothing like having a good 10yr old in the hunting group. :thumbsup: Next time you go out in your fan boat could you go a tad earlier!!! Some of us could use a few more bodies to get unstuck! :biggrin: Keep bagging away bro!!! And tell Tyson not to turn my next goose invite down!!! :lol3:
Factor 8
hunter

Postby richard rouleau » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:15 am

I might have to get some popcorn and :beer:
southern utah waterfowler
richard rouleau
hunter

Postby MarkM » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:00 am

Wack em', stack em', pack em' wrote:I was originally pissed off when I read the first comment, but now after reading everyones back and forth dialogue it makes me laugh. You all sound like a bunch of sissys playing the he said she said crap. The deal is this would not be a thread if something hadn't happened, but it did, period. Second, saying sorry is nice, but actions speak louder than "sorrys" in my book. This is not a teenage learning moral lessons by being a complete prick to multiple people - there are no moral victories. I agree that people all need to be considerate and treat others all the way they want to be treated in the marsh. Pushing birds is illegal, it is inconsiderate to surrounding hunters, and shouldn't be done. Parking a boat close to another party's blind set up is crap as well. Telling young kids on a dike profane things is wrong as well. For those of you who know Josh and think he is innocent - that is too much to prove otherwise. People can be dicks, but let's all hope this wakes him up. If this happened to me in my blind I would have been in his face - let's hope he gets someone who won't put up with his duck dynasty wanna be pro-staff bull crap.

there's my 0.02 cents

I don't have a dog in this fight but this is the one thing that came into my mind as well. Apparently it has come up on two different forums as well, so there has to be something behind it.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Postby cootlover » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:53 pm

I just think it's funny this guy call's people out and then don't have back bone enough to comment any more sounds fishy to me :fingerpt:
cootlover
hunter

Postby hamernhonkers » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:50 pm

cootlover wrote:I just think it's funny this guy call's people out and then don't have back bone enough to comment any more sounds fishy to me :fingerpt:

^^^^^^^^^^^^This
Hello

David wrote:
I have suspended the suspension on the suspended, allowing the suspended to post in a non-suspending manner.
hamernhonkers
hunter

Postby duck chaser1990 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:04 pm

I haven't known Chuck very long but have had the pleasure of hunting with him and the statment made that he would do what UDH says he did sounds completly inaccurate. Chuck is a true sportsman. With the up most integruity and has a lot of respect for other hunters. More than willing to spend time with young hunters. and i'm proud to be associated with anything he is a part of.
Duck hunting everyday possible
duck chaser1990
hunter

Postby cootlover » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:10 pm

HH what's ^^^^ this mean :huh:
cootlover
hunter

Postby hamernhonkers » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:54 pm

cootlover wrote:HH what's ^^^^ this mean :huh:

Pointing to your post and agreeing with what you said :beer:
Hello

David wrote:
I have suspended the suspension on the suspended, allowing the suspended to post in a non-suspending manner.
hamernhonkers
hunter

Postby cootlover » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:31 pm

Cool :thumbsup: taking my baby girl out about 10 am at BRBR trying get her swan so I hope I don't make anybody cry :yes:
cootlover
hunter

Postby Factor 8 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:57 pm

cootlover wrote:Cool :thumbsup: taking my baby girl out about 10 am at BRBR trying get her swan so I hope I don't make anybody cry :yes:

Rest assured if you do we will hear all about it in a blown out exaggerating way!! :eek:

A few years back we went to rescue a stranded boater.... That one ruffled some feathers. It's all to easy to do! :yes:
Factor 8
hunter

Postby cootlover » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:47 am

Factor :biggrin: at least you helped out a fellow hunter :clapping:
cootlover
hunter

Postby duckslayer74 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:52 am

cootlover wrote:Cool :thumbsup: taking my baby girl out about 10 am at BRBR trying get her swan so I hope I don't make anybody cry :yes:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Maybe UDH will be crying the blues on here later today. If the snow quits and I can make it up there ill use my boat to tender for ya.
Winchester SX2 12ga, SX3 20ga, Kicks Highflyer and Terror chokes.
duckslayer74
hunter

Postby Gustavo » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:12 pm

I own a Widow Maker boat I bought from Chuck several years ago and I have stayed in contact with him ever since. I wasn't at this hunt on Saturday so I can't say this isn't the truth but everything I know about Chuck and Josh is that they do an incredible amount of service to the Utah waterfowl community and this doesn't sound anything close to my experiences with them. In fact just the opposite, every time I've been with them they have gone above and beyond to respect those around.

P.S. Widow Maker Boats are hands down the best Utah marsh boats you can buy. I have been in multiple situations where airboaters ask me how the he** I got in and out of where I was hunting.
Gustavo
Newb

Postby Spiraleyes » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:27 am

I browsed through several pages of the thread on UTWildlife. WOW! 28 pages before it got locked down, pretty impressive!

I also think I heard enough from both sides to form an opinion... which doesn't affect the price of butter in Denmark, much less anyone here.

Hopefully with the colder weather rolling in, there will be plenty of opportunity for all.
Jim R
Spiraleyes
State Moderator

Previous

Return to Utah Duck Hunting