ducks and geese in yet

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

ducks and geese in yet

Postby polobrent » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:43 pm

Have the northern ducks and geese started to move south yet? I have been hearing conflicting stories.
polobrent
hunter

Re: ducks and geese in yet

Postby cootlover » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:01 pm

Its called internet scouting most people hate it. :no:
cootlover
hunter

Postby otisscout » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:16 pm

Use any means available to harvest waterfowl. If that means cyberscouting if you aint cheating you aint trying?
otisscout
hunter

Postby cootlover » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:04 pm

That means a lot coming a guy doing the same thing do what us real hunters do spend count less years and sh*t loads of money on gas finding the bird's :wink:
cootlover
hunter

Postby otisscout » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:14 pm

If I didn't have a one year old at home I would spend a whole lot more time scouting, I just don't want to be the guy pushing the stroller down the dike :yes:
otisscout
hunter

Postby duckslayer74 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:52 pm

otisscout wrote:If I didn't have a one year old at home I would spend a whole lot more time scouting, I just don't want to be the guy pushing the stroller down the dike :yes:

Been in your shoes and still did my own scouting. Kids are never to young to go for a ride.
Winchester SX2 12ga, SX3 20ga, Kicks Highflyer and Terror chokes.
duckslayer74
hunter

Postby Simple » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:43 pm

Hey don't ever use your kids as a reason to not make it out to look for or hunt birds. You should include them. I've had my son in the marsh since he was two and scouting in a car seat and stroller before that. I am that guy that pushes a stroller on dikes sometimes and i'm proud of it. I use my kids as an excuse to go out. Now get off the computer and take the family for a drive.
Simple
hunter

Postby cbroche10 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:35 pm

Since I do get the chance to put miles on the vehicle and spend money on the gas to scout, I will be glad to share some info with those who cannot get out like I can. The ducks and geese have not been moving much lately. Out our way, there has been a ton of Pressure with all of the club hunters setting up in every field that is available and that is causing the birds that do fly to keep on flying to the flats and bigger water. From what some of my buddies are telling me, there are alot of birds coming into Idaho now so they are close. Been a tough season so far so dont feel bad if you have not been out chasin to hard as the birds have been hard to come by. Get out and look when you can, but its all good that you ask advice here on the site, thats what its for bud. Been hunting and guiding for a long time and I will always be glad to help out another hunter. Good luck to you and your one year old!

Check back with me if you want to get an update from time to time on whats going on up in Northern Utah (Box Elder County) and I will be glad to point you in the right direction. Swans are really getting crazy up there right now so the ducks should be right behind them. Public and Salt Creek are very hit and miss, mostly miss due to the difficulty of the local birds are getting educated but there are small bunches of ducks that get stupid still. Hopefully some colder weather hits to get them birds down our way.

Cory
Cory Roche
Duck Busters Inc.
Corinne Utah
cbroche10
hunter

Postby otisscout » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:15 pm

Thanks for the info, I've always wondered about "local" bird vs. the "northern push" I've hiked to some pretty gnarley spots at FB away from everyone, just not seeing many birds flying, and when they are there are pushing the height of a Boeing jet. I guess just keep scounting and hopefully Ill stumble onto some greenheads,
otisscout
hunter

Postby dt7 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:36 pm

Me and my brother both limited out last Sat. We missed quite a few shots too. It was one of the better hunts I have had in a while.
dt7
Newb

Postby skybusterbob » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:56 pm

Foulmouth and I put a beatdown on the geese but didn't see many ducks yet.
skybusterbob
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting