college is hard

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

college is hard

Postby Snow Badger » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:37 pm

I love Snow but not being able to go out, even as a weekend worrier, is killing me. The swans better be ready for me on Wednesday because i have a season to fix that day ;).
Snow Badger
hunter

Re: college is hard

Postby if they fly they die 1994 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:10 pm

Good luck being at snow!! It killed me being down there.... no money and no ducks! haha maybe try gunnison res or 9 mile res?
4 Teal
30 Mallards
2 redheads
6 pintails
2 honkers
1 canvasback
5 gadwalls
if they fly they die 1994
hunter

Postby Snow Badger » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:08 pm

So i was in the marsh all day Wednesday and i saw exactly one flock of swan that did not come anywhere near us. I talked to a few groups of people and they all say this has been the worst swan season they can remember. How many people have filled their tag on here. i am trying to decide if it would be worth giving it a few more tries just because the weather is just so nice it is hard; or if i should just spend the time at home because the hunting is so terrible even when the weather has been bad. the truth is it is just so nice to get into the marsh i don't care if i fill my tag or not, i just want to go out hunting, but it is hard to justify leaving the family if there is no chance i am going to fill my tag.
Snow Badger
hunter

Postby Snow Badger » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:30 pm

Well i went out for the evening swan hunt on the 30th. I saw 2 groups of swan in three hours of hunting. The first pair did not come any where near me, but i filled my tag after the second flock came through the marsh. It is a juvenile, but biased on what i have heard from other hunters, and on what i have seen myself, i am happy as can be just to have filled my tag.
Snow Badger
hunter

Postby Saw_bill_slayer » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:12 pm

I lived in Ephraim for almost four years and there is plenty of places to duck hunt. Go and look around you will find them.
I believe in the three F's... Feather, Fur, and Fin.
Saw_bill_slayer
hunter

Postby Snow Badger » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:22 pm

I am sure i would but i am without a car and the dorms wont allow any guns :sad:
Snow Badger
hunter

Postby Saw_bill_slayer » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:27 am

No car does fix you a bit to campus.
I believe in the three F's... Feather, Fur, and Fin.
Saw_bill_slayer
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting