Ice conditions?

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

Ice conditions?

Postby All Ducked Up » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:37 am

Anybody been out the last few mornings up north? What's the water like in the mornings on the wmas? Any ice? Most I'm sure melts off but looking for launch conditions

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Hunting isn't just something I do, It's a part of who I am.
All Ducked Up
hunter

Re: Ice conditions?

Postby Gonegoosin » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:50 am

There is ice on all WM's and the refuge. You can still launch but will do so into ice at every ramp I've seen and then its a matter of blazing a trail to the open water. The ice is remaining despite the warmer afternoon temps. The worst part is the duck #'s. There are very few from what I have seen the last couple days and this morning. I'll be going back out this afternoon nevertheless!
Gonegoosin
hunter

Re: Ice conditions?

Postby Simple » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:03 pm

I launched yesterday morning, there was ice on the ramp and I broke ice all the way out to a bigger pond then as the sun came up the ice started to from throughout my decoys. It somewhat cleared off when I went back in but everything is icing and the duck numbers just aren't there.
Simple
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting