Roll Call

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

Postby childofephraim » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:12 am

Hi everyone. My name is Jesse. I'm new to this forum, actually this is the first forum of any kind that I have ever joined.

I'm new to duck hunting and I have no idea where to hunt. I've seen pintails and geese in some fields close to my house, but it's all in city limits. :sad:

I live in Lindon.

I'm married.

1 wife.

1 daughter.

1 in the oven, due in April.

I shoot a Remington Wingmaster.

I don't have a dog yet, but I'd like to get a German Wirehaired Pointer. I hear they are an excellent all-purpose sporting dog.

I love to hunt birds of all kinds, especially waterfowl. :thumbsup:
Jesse A.
childofephraim
Newb

Postby Majja » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:48 pm

Matt
1 kid and an Alaskan Malamute

Just getting back into the sport

Form West Valley City
Majja
hunter

Postby Spiraleyes » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:29 pm

:welcome:
Spiraleyes
State Moderator

Postby duck jerky » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:24 pm

my name is Britton
i'm 36
2 boy's twins
married but not doing good :thumbsdown:
duck jerky
hunter

Postby JustaDad » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:19 pm

Finally made it here. Got lost when the DWR site went down, Not much time spent at a desk with the snow coming and all. Live outside Park City. Three kids, one wife, two labs, no boat, and I do not discriminate on the the type of game bird I chase. Shot an elk in Colorado (bow) and probably will chase our webbed footed fiends as Nevada chukars were hammered by the drought.
JustaDad
Newb

Postby UtahDrake » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:25 pm

Spencer
Live in Draper
Married
3 kids
Ty - yellow lab
Shoot: Benelli SBEII or CZ USA Red Head O/U
Have a 14' boat wth blind & 12 hp mud buddy
UtahDrake
hunter

Postby Pumpgunner » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:20 pm

Hi everybody, I'm Cody from Logan. 29 years old, married with our 1st kid on the way, can't wait! I'm a chef for a catering company here. I love to hunt all waterfowl, upland, big game, etc!
Pumpgunner
hunter

Postby Duck Down » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:30 pm

Levi
Salt lake city
single no kids
been away from the sport for about 6 years and just getting back into it. it has been pretty slow for me but just getting away is good enough. Well thats not true but i am enjoying it.
Duck Down
hunter

Postby buffelhead84065 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:56 pm

Nik
riverton
cocacola service tech
benneli super nova
love it
ducks arent hard to hit , they are just easy to miss !
buffelhead84065
hunter

Postby drakeman » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:09 pm

HEY EVERYONE, MY NAME IS CAMERON

I LIVE IN WEST VALLEY CITY

21, MARRIED FOR 3 MONTHS NOW, STILL TRAINING THE WIFE ON HOW MY SATURDAYS WORK. GONE AT 4 AM AND BACK AT 9 PM. HUNTERS PARADISE! IT'LL TAKE TIME BUT SHE'LL GET USE TO IT. ANY ADVICE........? WOULD HELP. :wink:

GREW UP HUNTING SINCE LITTLE BOY, BEEN ADDICTED MY WHOLE LIFE. I LOVE IT, I DREAM ABOUT THOSE CUPPED WINGS IN THE DEECS EVERY NIGHT. CAN'T GET ENOUGH.

DO MOST OF MY HUNTING AT BEAR RIVER AND NORHTERN PART OF STATE. WOULD LIKE TO GET OUT AND ABOUT AND TRY SOME NEW SPOTS.

IT'S GOOD TO MEET PEOPLE HERE THAT SHARE THE SAME LOVE FOR THE SORT!
drakeman
Newb

Postby hamernhonkers » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:31 pm

First :welcome:
21, MARRIED FOR 3 MONTHS NOW, STILL TRAINING THE WIFE ON HOW MY SATURDAYS WORK. GONE AT 4 AM AND BACK AT 9 PM. HUNTERS PARADISE! IT'LL TAKE TIME BUT SHE'LL GET USE TO IT. ANY ADVICE........? WOULD HELP.

You'll be better off learning that she will never get use to it :hammer: :lol: :lol:
hamernhonkers
hunter

Postby J.C. Higgins » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:40 pm

Hi, I live in cache valley and love to go hunting as often as my dad will take me (can't drive yet) I shoot my grandpas 1958 J.C. higgins pump. A little rusty from taking swims over the years but still knocks down ducks just fine.
J.C. Higgins
hunter

Postby Marsh Addict » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:08 pm

Eric
Lehi
Married, three rugrats (can't wait till my boy is old enough to go out)
Only been hunting waterfowl for three seasons, but addicted for life! :biggrin: Fishing is in my blood when waterfowl season is over. Shooting a Benelli Nova, would like semi auto someday! Knock'em down just fine with the pump!
No boat...foot soldier with a bag of decoys (feel like a sherpa) :biggrin:
Spend a lot of time in the marsh with Duck Down.

Good times... waterfowl is all I can think about 24/7-365...I need to get my head checked!!
Marsh Addict
hunter

Postby CallinForTheFall » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:40 pm

Name is Dan
21 years of age
Not married thankfully
No Kids
Live an Breathe Hunting an Fishing
All i can say is who needs a gym pass while you can be out hikin the hills or wadin through the marsh land
I should be a banker because im reall good at stackin the bills.
CallinForTheFall
hunter

Postby metalmulishamunky » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:09 pm

Jordan
divorced
1 kid
live in spanish fork
went out duck hunting once last season with a friend, now I'm addicted, I'm looking for hunting buddies and want to hunt anything that won't get me a visit from the cops, my hunting dog lives in ogden with my GF but can get him for pre planned hunts

Remington 870 express
8mm Mauser
7.62x54r Mosin Nagant
Hi-Point .40
Megastar .45
Marlin .22
Give a man a duck and he'll eat for a day, Teach a man to duck hunt, and he'll go buy a dog, a whole lotta camo and spend his whole paycheck at the sporting goods store!
metalmulishamunky
hunter

Postby Gunslinger91 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:08 pm

Wow what a place, have been spending a lot of time looking around at all the info to be found here so I am just getting to the meet and greet part…my real name is Pete, I am 41 and I am a professional driver. I just recently started hunting waterfowl (starting season 3). I have a GSP that we rescued from a shelter and we have an 8 week old black lab that we just picked up, we hope to have them both ready for the water by next season. Then I am married with two boys, one 16 and one 12, 16 y/o prefers archery hunting while the younger likes it all (especially ducks). I have do most of my duck hunting at Farmington Bay and usually hunt from my canoe.
Gunslinger91
hunter

Postby cbroche10 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:10 pm

Hey Guys,

My name is Cory. I'm 36 Years Old.

I am from Corinne, Utah, where I have hunted all my life, but now live in South Jordan, but I will continue to hunt on the farm in Corinne.

Was married, but not anymore.

2 Kids, 1 daughter and 1 son.

Have a Lab named Max.

I shoot an 870 Wingmaster Magnum, Blow Central Flyways & Tim Grounds goose calls, Central Fly Ways and RNT Duck Calls.

Have 500 acres of private Bear River Bottom Duck and Goose Ground.

I prefer hunting geese but we pound ducks all season long on the farm. I am new to the forum but look forward to getting to know some of you all on here.
cbroche10
hunter

Postby fatboy » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:58 pm

Hi I'm Doug, I'm Married 2 kids, no dog, love to duck hunt and have a 12 year old son in the boat with me this year.
fatboy
hunter

Postby Spiraleyes » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:36 pm

:welcome: Good to have you aboard!
Spiraleyes
State Moderator

Postby tejanoroo » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:46 pm

Hi, Im Trent married, with 3 boys and a girl and the best Chessie ever, course I hope you say the same about your dogs, I live in Herriman and I always love going hunting. I love hunting the marshes in a mud boat and I am a bennelli guy and I'm always open to hunting with new hunting buddies that love hunting also.
tejanoroo
hunter

Postby ducklvnfool » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:57 am

Hey guys,

My name is Daniel, I live in West Jordan, but hunt all over the state.

I am 23, I've never married and do not have any children.

I recently starting waterfowl hunting again after a several year hiatus, due to not have a hunting partner and not having a clue on how to start on my own. I recently got a coworker hooked on hunting and we have been learning together. So forgive me if I ask dumb questions at times.

I have a black lab named Myah, she is still a work in progress...ha ha. I was not very diligent training her when she was a pup, but I am now working hard to break her bad habits and get her ready to go for next season. She is about 20 months old now, so I think there is still hope.

I shoot a Benelli SBE II. I just bought it and have been out with it once. I love it!

I currently work as a Parole Officer/Shift Leader for the Utah Department Of Corrections. I enjoy my job, but I enjoy spending time out in the field more!

I look forward to getting to know you guys and learning everything I can from you to become a successful waterfowl hunter!
ducklvnfool
Newb

Postby verno_13th » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:33 am

deleted
Last edited by verno_13th on Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
verno_13th
hunter

Postby hamernhonkers » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:44 pm

:welcome:

Good to see all the new people on the board.
hamernhonkers
hunter

Postby birdieman_21 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:22 pm

Hi all,
My name is Clinton but I go by Clint
Wife + 4 Kids (2 Girls and 2 Boys)

Lived in Utah my whole life but have recently traveled across the country and around the world and for those of you that think we have it pretty good here in Utah... You're right! I love Utah and all the great activities that it offers. Expecially hunting season.
birdieman_21
hunter

Postby TurdL » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:13 pm

Hello,
My name is Turd'L
Got a wife, two daughters under 2, and 2 labs (1 retired).
I grew up in Cache Valley, went to college at SUU in cedar city, lived in Pueblo colorado for a couple of years and currently reside in St. George.

I shoot an old remington semi auto that I bought on ebay 10 years ago. Someday I hope to afford a benelli semi auto.
TurdL
Newb

PreviousNext

Return to Utah Duck Hunting