Roll Call

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

Postby hamernhonkers » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:31 pm

TurdL, Birdieman :welcome:

TurdL
Good to have another southern guy on here.
hamernhonkers
hunter

Postby icewolf » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:09 pm

Greetings, My name is Ralph but my friends call me "Wolf"
I am 47, married with 4 kiddies, 2 of each.
Have been waterfowl hunting for about 10 years. About to buy and try the duck boat thang!
Had to put my lab down awhile back, almost ready to train another hunting buddy.
I guide Elk,Deer,Bear & Moose....parttime
Glad to be a member of this family....
If you have one foot in the FUTURE, and one in the PAST, you are S#!*ing on today
icewolf
hunter

Postby compasshuntingdog » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:31 pm

I live in roy. i'm going on thirty and love to hunt. Have a yellow lab that is trying to learn but isn't the smartest. Love to hunt anything that flies.
compasshuntingdog
hunter

why not

Postby kgrant » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:07 am

:smile: My name is Grant
i am 18 years old
live in North SLc 5 minutes away from south entrance to farmington bay
No kids at least none that i know of
not married
no dog yet
looking for some hunting buddies and some advise as i am new to waterfowling i dont whine or complain about anything ,can walk for miles and have no problem getting up bright and early so if you want to go hunting send me a message
kgrant
hunter

roll call

Postby oneband » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:29 pm

my name is Brad and i have lived in utah county my entire life of 33 years. i am married and have a 3 year old daughter. I am a student at UVU. I took the last three years off from hunting in general. i have hunted almost all the waters in utah so if you need info just ask.
they have to land sometime
oneband
hunter

Postby hamernhonkers » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:39 pm

:welcome: Guys

Glad to have all of ya.
hamernhonkers
hunter

Another troll registers

Postby downshift » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:33 am

My name is Shane, I live in Saratoga Springs, Grew up in Orem and Vernal.

I'm 37 years old, married, 3 kids, 2 girls ages 10 and 9 and a boy age 1.

Gabe is a 7 year old yellow lab with a class 3 heart murmer and a serious case of gun-shy. He wont be around much longer, and Im looking for a golder retriever at the moment.

I currently work in software for a major online discount retailer.

I have been hunting ducks, geese, pheasants, and other birds and big game in Utah since the age of 12, except for a hiatus during my military years. Im starting again this year, after trolling your boards for over a year.

Im looking for places to hunt ducks and geese in Utah county, or farther out if its worth it. I own a nice 4x4, and a New Honda Rancher ES 4x4 atv for getting to some of the more remote spots.

I also hunt out of state in north and south west colorado where I have family.
downshift
hunter

Postby jazzfan47 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:16 pm

Jeff
29 yrs old
hunting all my life
my first gun was a remington 870 express pump action 12 gauge
later upgraded to remington 1187 (love it love it love it!)
I'm a house manager taking care of individuals with autism, and I couldn't be happier.
married
first kid on the way
I enjoy long walks on the beach....carrying a shotgun, a dead goose, and a smile.
If your just lookin' to squeeze the trigger, a clay pigeon tastes about the same if you marinate it -jb
jazzfan47
hunter

Postby goose82 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:54 pm

My name is Buc, i live in Herriman grew up in sandy
26 Yrs old
Married 3 kids 2 girls 1 boy
New to this site and like what i have read. Love to duck been doing it since i was 12 new to the boating end got my first boat this year.
Good luck!
goose82
Newb

Postby Nova12 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:52 pm

Hello Gentlemen, and Ladies....

My name is Chris. I'm 39.

I love hunting waterfowl.
I have three kids. My daughter doesn't like duck hunting but enjoys upland hunting.
My boys are 5 and 7. They are both well on the way to being avid hunters!!!
I primarily shoot a NOVA and I think it's the best marsh gun there is.

I live in South Davis and I try to avoid Farmingtoon Bay!!! I do get sucked in once in awhile on stormy afternoons after work though...Duck hunting is an addiction.

I'm glad I found this site!
Nova12
hunter

Postby deepcycle » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:02 pm

Hi I am Wesley

Age 47

Live in Taylorsville

Just started duck hunting again this year after a twenty? year lay off after my father became to sick to go anymore.

Live in girl

Two boys 12 and 16 they don't hunt or fish but love football.

Dog 2 yr old german wirehair (morpheus)

I work in Aerospace

Fishing is my 1st passion but I like warm water fish.
Didn't want to give up hanging outdoors this year so got back into ducking mainly for the dog he is such a worker to hard to keep him penned up without feeling bad for him.

Looking to meet new people to hunt with, learn whats new as far as products and new areas to hunt.
deepcycle
hunter

laverkin

Postby mike cook » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:56 pm

Hi Everyone Iam mike 45yrs young . totaly addicted to birds according to my lovely bride . Been in utah for 19 yrs still love it here . 870 in bad weather ,mossberg o/u the rest of the time .great black lab in training he's doing good . blond lab [very dumb ] but he loves me, go figure . cant get enough jump shooting but also have camo boat. Always looking for new hunting buds and places to hunt. looking forward to talking and listening to everyone here . THANKS FOR HAVING ME :thumbsup:
"AMERICA FIRST" !
JOIN THE " NRA "
mike cook
hunter

Postby Ty » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:37 pm

Tyler
28 years old, married and live in Orem but have family in Bountiful so I hunt from Logan to Spanish Fork.

This is my first year duck hunting and I'm already hooked, or is addicted the more correct term?

I'm free to hunt any time any day so if someone has an open spot or needs a friend to go with let me know.

I'm a foot soldier right now, with no dog, but hope to have a boat and a pup by next season. If you know of any good walk in areas anywhere send me a PM. I scout a lot but still have a hard time finding decent walk in areas.
Ty
Newb

Postby kwacker smacker » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:00 am

josh

25 year old

live in kearns

married

no kids

hunting ducks for 10 years

I got a duck boat this year but have not had any luck hunting with it :thumbsdown: so now am back to the walking
kwacker smacker
Newb

Postby hossblur » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:33 pm

Nick
1 kid, 2 labs, 1 wife
Syracuse
spend most of my time in the swamp on the south end of howard slough, or harold crane
Shoot a sx2 but started with an 870 magnum(3"), and have never shot anything as good as that old 30".
rather have a sister in the whorehouse than a brother in a dodge
hossblur
hunter

Postby KillKrew » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:48 pm

my name is Tel
age 23
1 son
not married
1 german shorthair
I shoot a benelli nova w/ 3'' 1/2 mag
used to shoot an old JC higgins till i got the nova for xmas
i've only shot one goose in my life so if anyone can help me get a few more it would be great.
good luck this season guys
KillKrew
hunter

Postby DKDKGUS » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:27 pm

Hello all. Name is Jeremy, just turned 36. Recently moved to Sandy from the central valley of California... duck central, I know! I am unmarried and currently unattached, no kids. I look forward to getting some work soon so I can start scouting for the birds before it is too late. If any of you see a camo S-10 Chevy running around town, give me a holler. I shoot a Remington 870 Supermag and really only like pulling the trigger when their feet are out and wings are locked... but I will make a pass shot if that is all I can get. NO SKYBUSTING for me. I don't hunt or fish for the meat. I do it for the experience of being outdoors and with good people. If I get something, great, if not, still great!! I am not into the numbers game so you won't see me posting them in my quotes area. If any of you need a blind partner, just send me a PM as I will be checking on here more than I should be :rofl:
DKDKGUS
hunter

Postby 79Ford » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:48 pm

Well, my name is Mat

I am 28 years old

I am married with no kids

I live in Layton and grew up in Riverton and out in the Uinta Basin.

I shoot a Remington 870 Super mag and occasionally i'll break out the Browning B-2000. She's an oldie but a goodie and a lot of fun to shoot.

I just started duck hunting this year and am hooked. I have lived right next to all of this great duck hunting for two years now and had no idea what I was missing out on. Now I am out every chance I get, and the wife will be happy when that day in February rolls around that she can get her husband back.

Anyways I look forward to talking with all of you and hopefully learning a lot along the way.
79Ford
hunter

Postby hamernhonkers » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:41 pm

:welcome: To all the new guys
Hello

David wrote:
I have suspended the suspension on the suspended, allowing the suspended to post in a non-suspending manner.
hamernhonkers
hunter

Re: Roll Call

Postby richard rouleau » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:43 pm

richard rouleau down here in st.george
southern utah waterfowler
richard rouleau
hunter

Postby jjames14310 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:25 pm

Hey all,

My name is Jeremy and I live in Baker, NV.

23, single, no offspring.

I am a Park Ranger at Great Basin, and hunt in Utah.

I shoot a Franchi 3", its a little older but works like a champ.

I just got out of the military, and I have been hunting my whole life. I had to quit for a few years while I was in, with deployments and all. I am back with a good friend of mine and we have started the wackin' and stackin' again. Can't wait until the birds start coming down this way!
jjames14310
hunter

Postby jdub654 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:45 pm

:welcome:

I'm Jeremy 26 (AKA Gimpy or Crash I have a titanium rod in my right femur from a motocross accident so I limp in the marsh), I live in Tooele, lived there all my life. I love to hunt, not married 2 Kids Girl and boy, been with the old lady for going on 8 years now, live in sin because my father was a bishop and would harrass us, so we showed him right? lol. Alittle bit about me, I've always hunted fowl with the same Mossberg 835 3-1/2" pump but will only shot 2-3/4" shells. Someone stole my yellow lab years ago, got a german shepherd now. Thats about it.

76" Antelope ( 2009 ) - .300 Remington 700 Ultra Mag
24" 4x5 Muley ( 2006 ) - Browning BAR II Safari w/BOSS System .30-06
6x6 Bull Elk ( 2000 ) - Browning BAR II Safari w/BOSS System .30-06
.40 Khar CW40 ( CWP weapon )
Remington 870 Express ( Lead Only )
Mossberg 835 Ultra Mag PUMP Baby!( 5 Geese & Countless ducks to date - bangin birds since 1996)
J Dub 654
Mossberg 835 Ultra Mag PUMP Baby ( Bangin Birds since '96 )
E-mail: Dawgjay@hotmail.com
Be my friend @ Facebook.com - Jeremy Watkins
jdub654
hunter

Postby jetdriver » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:06 pm

I am Stan and I grew up in Orem but have lived in Spanish Fork for the last 13 years. I am married with one daughter(19), and 2 sons(13),(11). I just got back into hunting ducks last year and am loving it. My sons also have duck fever. I also have a Springer Spaniel who is a great duck dog. I fly airplanes for a living and have lots of time off during the week and am always looking for someone to go hunting with. If anyone is willing to let me tag along and learn how to become a duck hunter rather than a duck shooter I would really appreciate it.
jetdriver
Newb

Postby flyphishr » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:38 pm

My name is Phil, live in Syracuse, Utah. I am the new owner of my first shotgun, bought my 870 on the 9th (my b-day). I have been using my buddies and bro-in-laws guns for the past few years for upland game, brother-in-law started a new hunting club up in Howell, Utah. I am an ICU RN and fly fishing addict (one reason for not buying a gun til now...too many damn 700 dollar rods and reels in my arsenal!). Also addicted to poker...I've had a good winning year for the bankroll...helps with my addictions (the legal ones!). Wife that puts up with me, a son that is smarter than me, and a daughter who ain't leaving the house til I'm dead. Anyone wanna take me duck hunting, I'd be happy to take them fly fishing or get them onto my bro-in-laws club for some phez.
flyphishr
hunter

Postby Spiraleyes » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:50 pm

Welcome, new guys! :welcome:
Jim R
Spiraleyes
State Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Utah Duck Hunting