Bear River Canoe / Kayak

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

Bear River Canoe / Kayak

Postby Locked&Loaded » Sat May 10, 2014 12:20 pm

I believe I've asked this question here in the past, but could not find the post, so I'm going to ask again.

Any of you guys ever canoe or kayak down the bear river. I want to give it a shot and make a day trip out of it but don't know where is a good place to drop in and where would be best to finish up.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Re: Bear River Canoe / Kayak

Postby Factor 8 » Sun May 11, 2014 11:04 pm

There are a few areas in Cache county that are accessible for a good float. you would probably see lots of geese and their fledglings. Look on page 28 & 29 of the included link.

another area you could drop in is at the Corinne boat launch and then float all the way out to the BRBR. they have a ramp right in the parking lot by the the unit 3/duckville unit. they keep a chain across that ramp, but Im sure a kayak could be dragged under it. that would be right around a 20 mile float I'd guess...

post up some pics if you do a float! :thumbsup:

https://wildlife.utah.gov/publications/ ... sbook1.pdf
Factor 8
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Tue May 13, 2014 8:13 am

Factor 8 wrote:There are a few areas in Cache county that are accessible for a good float. you would probably see lots of geese and their fledglings. Look on page 28 & 29 of the included link.

another area you could drop in is at the Corinne boat launch and then float all the way out to the BRBR. they have a ramp right in the parking lot by the the unit 3/duckville unit. they keep a chain across that ramp, but Im sure a kayak could be dragged under it. that would be right around a 20 mile float I'd guess...

post up some pics if you do a float! :thumbsup:

https://wildlife.utah.gov/publications/ ... sbook1.pdf

Thanks a ton for the info! I may go give it a try this weekend. I'll be sure to take some pictures when I'm out.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby Chet » Fri May 16, 2014 1:10 pm

Another option would be to launch at the Benson church river access point and float down to the Cache Junction bridge. That stretch of river takes you through a lot of good waterfowl habitat and you could detour into at least one large oxbow. I have seen a lot of wood ducks and Canada geese this time of year.

Chet
"Nobody can fully understand the meaning of love unless he's owned a dog. He can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." GENE HILL
Chet
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Tue May 20, 2014 2:18 pm

Chet wrote:Another option would be to launch at the Benson church river access point and float down to the Cache Junction bridge. That stretch of river takes you through a lot of good waterfowl habitat and you could detour into at least one large oxbow. I have seen a lot of wood ducks and Canada geese this time of year.

Chet

Thanks for the info bud. Where exactly is the benson church river access point?
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby Chet » Tue May 20, 2014 7:33 pm

If you follow the airport road west in Logan you will come to a T in the road at the Benson LDS church. Turn right and the boat launch is on the right hand side just before the bridge.

Chet
"Nobody can fully understand the meaning of love unless he's owned a dog. He can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." GENE HILL
Chet
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Wed May 21, 2014 11:22 am

Chet wrote:If you follow the airport road west in Logan you will come to a T in the road at the Benson LDS church. Turn right and the boat launch is on the right hand side just before the bridge.

Chet

Thanks a lot. I'm going to go give this a shot tomorrow.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Return to Utah Duck Hunting