Duck Hunting Forum banner

How's everyones turkey hunt going?

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  robs 1 
#1 ·
I ended up with a jake which I'm pretty proude of. The entire trip out I must have jumped about 15 hens some out of nests!! Finally last day of the trip on our way out a jake ran across the road and as soon as I saw a beard I took him. Great trip overall but man they are not easy to hunt.

#3 ·
I ended up ignoring my turkey tag and chasing bears instead since that became an option this year. Did not see a bear I wanted to kill but it was so much fun to pack a rifle in the spring-and I did find a spot or two to try for grouse this fall. Had a lot of fun and figured out that I am afraid of the dark in bear country on the long walk back to camp!

#4 ·
This year the birds would not respond to are calls and as soon as they would see the decoys they would split exept for 1 jake who took the 20 gauge to the head. And I took a 9 inch beard with my bow first day of the general season. But the at the start at the year with 30 hens then at the end of the season we had 2. Because they were nesting .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.