Black bag dog food

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

Black bag dog food

Postby green head2 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:38 pm

Are any of yall feeding this And if so what is better red or black I recently found it at napa auto here in gunnison Just curious what was the better of the two Thanks
green head2
hunter

Postby Bret » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:28 pm

I feed it I am no expert but I think the black is like normal "feed all year type stuff, and the red is real high cal for the hunt and winter if they are outside. I have been feeding black to my setters they have done well on it. I may switch to red next month though. I have only been on black gold for a year and a half. I fed it through last season and my male did fine the female was young. I think it is good food for the $. :salude:

It did have a strange side effect on these white dogs of mine..... it turned there coat a little bit of a rusty color for the first month they were on it. They are back to a good shade of white now though.

Bret
Bret
hunter

Postby green head2 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:27 am

Thanks bret
green head2
hunter

Postby UtahSprig » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:44 pm

I changed from the black bag to the red bad this last year myself. I like the formula and ingredients a bit better, and I was able to lower the amount I feed by 1/2 cup a day (which means that much less to clean up :thumbsup: ). I also noticed an improvement in my dogs coat, he's got more shine and a bit less shedding.

Tyler
UtahSprig
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting