A new place to hunt

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

A new place to hunt

Postby green head2 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:20 pm

I know most if not all of you go on the UT DWR fourm and may have already read this but I just had to post it again Because Im so dang happy I just found out that a few lakes and ponds are not privatley owend That everybody in the world thought it was And still do This place is between two rest ponds Has no access except walking around 5 or six miles Or through some dudes gate That now will have one heck of a padlock on it Oh and has been my buddy since 2nd grade We just have a few rocks And trees to move on his property to get to it This place holds a gillion and one birds all year You cant even see it from the road its nestled and hidden very well I found out the state got it years ago because of taxes or probate something like that But everyone thought the family got it when this guy died and they live out of state So nobody ever knew :smile: So it looks like in away I have my own private but public hunting club :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :laughing: :tounge: :tounge: Cant wait till the first Oh baby Sorry yall just feelin good :thumbsup:
green head2
hunter

Postby honer » Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:47 am

if bbflinger can't afford you, i'd like to give it a try!! my wife is already pretty high maintenance, so i have some practice. my wife doesn't have her own personal duck club though. so when faced with the tough choice i could be persuaded to take the duck club if all else was equal!!! :toofunny:
honer
State Moderator

Postby green head2 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:07 am

I might not be as high as your wife I know Im not as bad as my wife Its just the wrong time of year to afford any of us If we had a sugar daddy cabelas would have a record day in sales And Im sure I could spend more than your wife If you turned me loose in there :smile: but not all things would be equal after that :toofunny: Actually I would take just about anybody Im really not too worried about pepole hunting it I just cant see too many guys walking six miles to gain access to it Other than through my buddys dads gate Its way to rugged And steep for a road Heck Mabey I should try to get a new mud buddy motor out of it :getdown:
green head2
hunter

Postby honer » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:31 pm

i think we've already had a conversation about the shape i'm in, so you're right about the hiking 6 miles. are you hunting it on the opener?
honer
State Moderator

Postby green head2 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:45 pm

YES I AM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I spent the last 3 days out there getting a road built to get in there And finding the shallow spots Checking out the ducks and geese Where they were holding up How far I could get my boat in the reeds and so on I cant wait There were hundreds of birds on the water We almost had a flock of about 70 geese land in the boat 4 more days cant wait There is also some fish there
green head2
hunter

Postby honer » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:12 pm

i have to admitt, i am green as green with envy. i checked out my opener spot about a week ago and a measley two mallards were the only birds in sight. hopefully luck is on my side that morning or i might be a man on the move by saturday afternoon.
honer
State Moderator

Postby green head2 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:04 am

This is the most excited I have been in years about the opener Im sure the ducks and gesse will be in your spot too I talked to several pepole this weekend in all directions of me And it sounds like the ducks are everywhere The geese seem to still be in hiding Alot of guys told me they only seen a flock or two This weekend I had 2 nice flocks fly over my house And a few differen spots while driving around town In the fields this weekend Sounds like redmond bicknell and the other local favorite areas are going to be full of pepole I guess it will be that way almost everywhere though
green head2
hunter

Postby UtahSprig » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:43 am

Honer,

Was that down by the convenience store? I've wondered about that spot, but I'm hearing ducks are low in numbers in that area.

I'm also willing to help anyone try out a new area, and 6 miles isn't so bad. I bet Honer and I could get Carp's boys to carry all of our gear while we walk in :thumbsup: :laughing:

Tyler
UtahSprig
hunter

Postby green head2 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:11 pm

If somebody found it And walked the six or so miles to get in there After all the hills rocks steep ravines And I was there I would have to pick them up givem a few beers :salude: clean their birds for them And then drive them back to their outfit because you would be one dedicated hunter And ducks and geese would mean alot more to you than me And you would be my new hero :cool: After I hunt it a few times this year I may take a few of yall there With pinky swears cross my hearts And just about whatever it takes to keep yall quite after you leave :hammering: It will be easier to go through the gate and down the road if you do :thumbsup:
green head2
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting