dwr post

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

dwr post

Postby honer » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:45 pm

Elevated mercury levels have recently been found in shovelers and goldeneyes on the southern end of the Great Salt Lake. The DWR, the Utah Dept. of Health and the Utah Dept. of Environmental Quality are recommending that hunters not eat these birds.

Read more:
http://wildlife.utah.gov/news/05-09/mercury_duck.php
http://www.wildlife.utah.gov/news/05-09 ... uck_qa.php
honer
State Moderator

Postby Bret » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:08 pm

that is terrible news. :thumbsdown: I hope it is better than it seems and not worse.

Bret
Bret
hunter

Postby Spiraleyes » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:19 am

One more reason not to shoot the spoonies!
Spiraleyes
State Moderator

mercury

Postby luckeyduck69 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:52 am

duzz eney buddy know where the mercury came from??? and is it onley in utah ??? and how menny ducks are infeckted ??? :umm: :thumbsup:
luckeyduck69
hunter

Postby w1!dbill » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:01 am

Any truth to the rumors about DWR waiting to release this so late because they didn't want to miss out on selling any licenses? I'm not trying to spread a rumor...just wanted to know if anyone had the straight scoop on it.
w1!dbill
hunter

Postby Bret » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:12 am

I had a little inside info on the research, I knew the study was going on, but everyone I talked to did not know the results until just an hour or so before you did.

I doubt they would do that or even have the ability to pull that off. I am not even sure if they (the DWR)were in charge of the research. I think there were some outside parties involved as well.

Bret
Bret
hunter

Postby honer » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:14 pm

i am usually a little bit suspicious of government, but i think it would be pretty tough to keep a lid on the information with third party research being done. reguardless they would have gotten my money whenever the information was released. either way, i hope they come up with some sort of solution to the problem or at least prevent the problem from escalating.
honer
State Moderator

Return to Utah Duck Hunting