Saturday hunt?

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

Saturday hunt?

Postby MallardKiller » Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:10 pm

did any of you guys manage to head out to the lake today my buddys headed out this morning but i couldnt cause i had work but i headed out about 4:00 when the storm started coming so i ran down to the lake by my self to see what i could see and i shot 4 mallard drakes and a nice looking pintail to bad my buddy's missed out hahaha

daniel
Call'em, Whack'em And Stack'em
MallardKiller
hunter

Postby honer » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:22 pm

daniel, very nice!! i am jealous. did you throw out dekes at the lake?
honer
State Moderator

Hey

Postby MallardKiller » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:30 pm

ya i did i just carried a dozen decoys i carried 6 mallards 4 hens 2 drakes and then 3 pintail just to mix things up and then i just set a chair in the reeds waited and then saw some started calling and turned them in my direction before they new it they were hittiing the water haha ya the pintail suprised me cause he just came out of no where and started landing in my dekes but i had fun and i shot them all in about 50 minutes not bad for a short period of time down at utah lake

Daniel
MallardKiller
hunter

Postby honer » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:49 pm

be sure to let me know next time you need a partner at utah lake. i shoot crooked and my calling sucks, but the company is good if nothing else!! :thumbsup:
honer
State Moderator

hey

Postby MallardKiller » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:55 pm

hey ill try to let you know probably this next weekend and probably next monday morning cause i dont have school but ya the company would be great.

Daniel
MallardKiller
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting