A whole different story

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

A whole different story

Postby green head2 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:21 pm

This weekend was a whole different story than the last My wife my buddy and I got to hunt the new honey hole this weekend We set up at about 5:30am and we were chasing ducks off the water the whole time At about 7:10 the shooting started And about the time the dogs would get back into the boat they were landing again We hardly even had to call the ducks Just a quick quack to get their attention And they would drop The only thing we called were the geese The cooliest thing was satuerday night we had over 200 geese or at least it seemed like that many fall in at the same time There were flocks coming from every direction And met up about the same time Some that were on the water a few hundred yards away picked up and came to us We let alot of them land just because we were so amazed how many were there and working the dekes We only had 14 goose dekes out The noise they were making hearing the wings it was probably the cooliest thing I have seen hunting waterfowl We limited out sat and sun on both ducks and geese Sunday morning i was putting Icyhot on my shoulder This was the best weekend I can remember having ever My dogs worked flawlessly The new pup watched eveything that flew Now that she has the idea of why we are there Mt older dog got right to work from the first shot The only sore spot was listening to my wife brag about how she limited out before us both GOOD times
green head2
hunter

Postby duckaddict » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:44 pm

Congrats on the great hunt. :salude: Did you say your honey hole is private ground? Because if you were on public ground double congrats times 4 billion.
duckaddict
hunter

Postby honer » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:01 pm

well done sir. :salude:
honer
State Moderator

Postby green head2 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:02 pm

Thanks guys Duckaddict It was on public private super secret God blessed ground :laughing: Cant wait to get home next weekend And try it again My wife is making jerky out of those we shot right now
green head2
hunter

Postby Bret » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:23 pm

Well you earned it after last week.

I am still jealous though.

Way to go.

Bret
Bret
hunter

Postby green head2 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:47 pm

Dont be jelouse bret You can call me up and come down anytime :thumbsup: :smile:
green head2
hunter

Postby UtahSprig » Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:57 pm

Congratulations on a great hunt, night and day from your first experience it sounds like :thumbsup:

Tyler
UtahSprig
hunter

Postby green head2 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:15 pm

Yes it was a completly different weekend Im hoping tomorrow and sat and sun will be just as good I am leaving los angeles now I cant wait until morning
green head2
hunter

Postby Bret » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:53 pm

I just might give you a yell and head south for a hunt as the season moves on.

thanks for the generous invite.

Bret
Bret
hunter

Postby green head2 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:50 pm

Not a problem just Pm me when your ready and Ill give you my number and well set it up Im home fridays and saturdays And leave back to los angeles sundays around noon Hope yall have fun this weekend I will be home around 4 am Just in time to get set up and enjoy
green head2
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting