"You should've been there!"

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

"You should've been there!"

Postby w1!dbill » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:16 am

O.K., so I'm driving across wonderfully scenic I-80 yesterday taking my daughter back to my ex-wife after a great weekend visit. It's already kind of a sad journey for me because I know how much I'm going to miss that sweet girl as soon as I drop her off. Suddenly my cell phone rings and it's my hunting buddy. "Bill, I've just got to tell you about my best duck hunting day ever." Suffice to say, he went out on Sunday and could'nt have kept the ducks off him if he was wearing a blaze orange jumpsuit and throwing out sticks of dynamite every 30 seconds! Don't get me wrong, I'll never regret choosing to spend time with my kids versus hunting, but why must I be punished?

P.S. I'm not really upset. I'm kinda used to this kind of thing happening to me. I just thought you guys would get a kick out of it, because I'm sure you've had similiar situations happen to you. It seems it's always "Man, you should've been here last week" or "Wow, right after you left".
w1!dbill
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting