Cow silhouettes?

Waterfowl topics at their best, post here and read others views on Vermont duck hunting

Moderator: yellodog1

Cow silhouettes?

Postby NW_Vermont » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:45 am

FIRST! Thanks for all the local threads. I've been a lurker for a while and am getting prepped for another great season.

**Also posted in the Canada goose forum**

I'm a duck hunter who's joined others on a goose hunt once.

But, we have plenty of Canadas in our neck of the woods and I'd like to slowly break into hunting geese. I have no goose-specific goodies; just duck stuff.

So, I can envision the scenario where I see a flock of geese in an open field. After owner's permission of course, is it plausible to approach said flock behind a cow silhouette and take a couple? I see this as similar to jump-shooting.

Obviously this is a quick-and-dirty hunt.

Has anybody hunted from behind a silhouette? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

NW_Vermont
NW_Vermont
hunter

Re: Cow silhouettes?

Postby yellodog1 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:40 am

Never tried the cow silouette myself. If you end up getting one, let us know how it works.
Hunt Vermont
yellodog1
State Moderator

Re: Cow silhouettes?

Postby NW_Vermont » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:27 am

It's 8:20 am Tuesday and right outside my office window in St. Albans there are dozens of Canadas landing in the cut corn field right out back. As above, I'm not a goose hunter yet, so I haven't been scouting or even looking for 'em.

If I had my silhouette, I'd try sneaking up on them. Hunting isn't appropriate here because of the proximity of the interstate and businesses, but it would be cool to give it a try.

Now I've got to get my nose prints off the window and get back to work!

NW_Vermont
NW_Vermont
hunter

Return to Vermont Duck Hunting