Good Luck to Vermont Duck Hunters

Waterfowl topics at their best, post here and read others views on Vermont duck hunting

Moderator: yellodog1

Good Luck to Vermont Duck Hunters

Postby yellodog1 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:29 am

Good luck to everyone on Saturday. Hopefully its a productive day. Everyone be safe.
Hunt Vermont
yellodog1
State Moderator

Re: Good Luck to Vermont Duck Hunters

Postby NW_Vermont » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:25 am

Thanks!

I'm still scrambling to get stuff ready and together, but I'll be ready even if I'm up all night!

NW
NW_Vermont
hunter

Postby NCSportsman » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:36 pm

Good luck guys from NC, Born and raised in VT. Ours is going out tomarrow only 4 Woodies so far. :hammer:
NCSportsman
hunter

Postby ronvt » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:03 pm

Thanks and good luck to everyone. The camp i will be at does not have internet access, tv or telephone; like all duck camps should. i post up on tue pm. Have fun!
ronvt
hunter

Postby pete/pmr » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:45 am

Well we got the weather for a good day,lets hope the birds cooperate,Good Luck everyone,headed out in a minute!!!
2013 Season Totals

Canada Geese 105
Mallards 43
Woodies 31
Teal 16
widgeon 8
Blacks 11
Goldeneyes 25 "Take-em"
Buffleheads 4
Bluebills 1
snows 27
Band Count 5
pete/pmr
hunter

Postby LBeinhaur » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:44 am

Had to fly in from a week long training session in Houston last night so I am going to have to procrasdinate until this evening, Post up tonight and let's see how everyone did :sad:
LBeinhaur
hunter

Postby VT_Diver-Junkie » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:47 pm

Well how did ya'll do? We lost a few.. But i got my 1st ever banded duck called the number and there gonna mail me a certificate i guess?? Don't know what thats about.. We were at the sandbar.. How about everyone else?
Theres nothing like frostbite and gunpowder in the air!!!!
VT_Diver-Junkie
hunter

Postby Hunter From WI » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:43 pm

Hey Guys,

Where I had see Wood Ducks along the Lamoille River, there is nothing now. Seems they have all left the area...

Do you guys have any suggestions for a guy who used to hunt horicon, wi and now is up here in wonderful vermont.

I still have my guns, and a 2 yr old lab I'm training, but no boat...

thanks,

Eric
Hunter From WI
hunter

Postby jbetourney » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:11 pm

Had a good opening day on the main lake. 10 mallards (three with bands) between the three of us. Sunday was not so hot 2 blacks hope someone had better luck today then we did.
IF YOUR NOT ON THE LAKE, WHAT IS THE POINT.
jbetourney
hunter

Postby VtechSkybuster » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:28 pm

Shot Seventeen Yesterday outa our stationary in Goose and 12 today. Mostly Ring Bills but got some woodies, a few widgens, a black, and some mallards too. Headed back out in the mornin. We did not see the birds we saw earlier this week tho.... dunno where they went but all and alll not bad first two days. Hopefully the Cold weather coming will help.

I tried to put some pics up but i cant remember how to put them up lol!!
Good luck to All.
They might get my guns, but they're gonna get the bullets first!!
VtechSkybuster
hunter

Postby IslandHunter » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:06 am

We shot them up well out of our lake blind on Sat, and then on the Lamoille for Sun, but were suprised to not have actually seen more birds flying than we did. Seems like many of the birds seen in the area prior to the opener may have moved on already? No funky ducks or banded's in our take, just a mix of mallards, blacks, woodies, and greenwings. Can't wait to hear the reports from those who hunted in other areas, and best of luck to everyone for the remaining season!
IslandHunter
hunter

Postby mailyard » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:27 pm

Went out sat, sun, and today on champlain and I am tired....I shot 5, 5, and my limit today. I have been seeing a ton of black ducks. Nothing out of the norm, no bands, I could have shot a red head today on champlain but didn't know the limit. First one I have ever seen hunting there, anyways seeing lots of birds.
mailyard
hunter

Postby VT_Diver-Junkie » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:40 pm

Where do you guys see all your birds? We hunt and will get maybe like 10 birds.. Maybe where not seeing them but i've never had a lot of birds the biggest flock we have had come in our spread was like 6 birds. Today i went alone after work for a few hours on the north side of the sandbar to the right of the sandbar bridge.. No birds no shots... Saw 3 fly away when i was heading out and 1 fly high above me.. :no:
VT_Diver-Junkie
hunter

Postby mailyard » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:25 pm

im south of you
mailyard
hunter

Postby VT_Diver-Junkie » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:38 pm

I'm in Georgia but have gone down as far as mud creek before... But now the most south we go is Shelburn last year went to Rock Island for divers...
VT_Diver-Junkie
hunter

Postby mailyard » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:13 am

i am a puddle duck guy but hope to make it up north to hunt divers..never done it before, mostly because i've heard they don't taste so good.hahaha. I modified my otter stealth with some doors like a layout blind and would like to give it a try out on the lake. I am not sure if it has a low enough profile but I will give it a try.
mailyard
hunter

Postby ronvt » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:39 pm

Took 21 between the two of us. Woodies,black,mallard,ringneck,teal and a widgeon. We had alot of fun and should have had more if it wasn't for poor shooting. Every year I say I am going to put on all my gear and shoot skeet but I never have the time. Then I get out for the first hunt and the dynamics change. All in all a great time, but I did think I would see more birds than I did.
ronvt
hunter

Postby Champney » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:51 am

I went out on the last day and had a flock of 30 mallards land right in the spread. Seemed kinda weird being the last day but got my limit of mallards in 20 min.
Champney
hunter

Postby goldeneye13 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:51 pm

I sure would like to know where you saw all those malards. I've hunted out of catfish bay and king bay... The only thing we see are woodies and widgeon, a few teal but not a malard this year.... I find it very weird.

Fred.
A bad day fishing is better then a good day at work
goldeneye13
hunter

Postby magogwhacker » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:44 am

Jump shot out of the canoe on saturday and shot 12, including 7 mallards and 2 blacks. there are definitely big ducks around. We were going for woodies, but only saw a few, I think the cold has already started them moving out.
What? There's open water? Its not cold enough.
magogwhacker
hunter

Postby ronvt » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:01 pm

Looks like it going to be nasty tomorrow. Decided not to hunt the lake with the forcast but will hunt inland. Good luck and be safe.
ronvt
hunter

Return to Vermont Duck Hunting