bristol pond

Waterfowl topics at their best, post here and read others views on Vermont duck hunting

Moderator: yellodog1

bristol pond

Postby duckin-A » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:30 pm

anyone ever hunt Bristol Pond on Rt 116 north of Middlebury......I have fished it a few yrs ago......but never hunted it......anyone have a report about it??
" I spent all my money on Liquor & Women,
and the rest I just wasted"!!!
duckin-A
hunter

Re: bristol pond

Postby Champney » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:15 pm

it very heavily hunted. the farmer on the hill gives everyone permission no matter what. my hunting partner has hunted there with 4 party's in the field with him. the last time I hunted there there were 2 other parties there and we all had permission. if your lucky and see birds in there, there probably new birds and should hunt them the next morning.
Champney
hunter

Postby duckin-A » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:50 pm

i thought it might be a popular spot.......you talked about field hunting.....what about the water???
duckin-A
hunter

Postby snogoose » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:31 pm

This is Champney's hunting partner...the water is mediocre unless you've got a good snowstorm...the field are where its at and like my partner said EVERYONE GETS PERMISSION. And ,man is it frustrating.
snogoose
hunter

Postby duckin-A » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:54 am

thanks for the info guy's.......sounds like it is very well covered!! hopefully we will start getting some colder weather to bring down northern birds.......the locals are getting plenty of pressure!
happy thanksgiving!! :beer:
duckin-A
hunter

Postby LBeinhaur » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:53 am

Always wondered how BP would be...soiunds like it's hunted hard.
LBeinhaur
hunter

Postby SWG » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:57 am

I've not hunted there, but I've seen lots of ducks there pre-season while fishing. Sounds like they get shot out pretty quickly.
SWG
hunter

Postby Lavman » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:37 am

I shot my first Mallard on BP. It is a small area to hunt, as said the best area is the south end where you can try for crossing shots when the ducks travel between the eating fields and the roost, they tend not to decoy when on a food mission. The place gets shot out and not a lot of action, I did not even hunt there last year just to give it a rest. Champlain is a lot more fun, more places to hide and more room for everyone to spread out.
Lavman
hunter

Return to Vermont Duck Hunting