ice fishing

Waterfowl topics at their best, post here and read others views on Vermont duck hunting

Moderator: yellodog1

ice fishing

Postby Champney » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:29 pm

anybody been out yet? when up north and me and my cousin cought 3 pails full of perch and acoup;e pike that were legal. going out again saturday.
Champney
hunter

Re: ice fishing

Postby duckin-A » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:59 pm

Hey I bet blasting the old Champlain bridge in to the water has done a lot for the water quality around there.......lets see 80 yrs old...how much lead paint might have been on it........never to be recovered..........what other kind of contaminates went into the lake that there is so much concern about water quality????? WTH!!!! :fingerpt: :fingerpt: :fingerpt: :fingerpt:
" I spent all my money on Liquor & Women,
and the rest I just wasted"!!!
duckin-A
hunter

Postby Champney » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:39 pm

I thought the same thing. I wonder if the fishing this season there is still going to be good. i know smelt and perch fishing was really good down there.
Champney
hunter

Postby Vtwaterfowler » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:22 pm

started out fishing in lapan bay in st. albans. our best day we caught 3/4 pale of perch but we were being picky about the ones we kept all of them were at least 8'' so werenm't exactly robbing the baby carriage. The next time we caught only 30 perch but i caught a 4-5 pound largemouth on a blade and a minnow that woudn't fit up through my 4'' hole :sad: Now the perch have moved out of there and have been going to samsons point now that the ice is good. The perch were big but we weren't catching very many.
Vtwaterfowler
hunter

Return to Vermont Duck Hunting