Duck Hunting Forum banner

2010 is coming!

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Lavman 
#1 ·
July 20th and I'm getting excited about this season. This is the earliest for me. I'm getting the boat repaired and ready. Calls to landowners are being made and I want to pretend that I'll be ready before that opening morning eve where I usually scramble to get ready.

Maybe its because my 10yo boy is as excited as I am.

Maybe its because I'm taking two boys out on youth weekend and I want to be sure to make it a success.

Maybe its because I will have more time off this season.

Maybe its because when we're out on Champlain boating, I'm scoping out where the ducks may be flying.

Maybe...

Anybody else getting wound up or getting ready for September/October? I see a number of quick replies to kwacker showing there's lurkers on these quiet boards....

#3 ·
i work in operations at ***** sporting goods unloading trucks and its now getting really hard to stay on task. we just got up graded on are merchindise like we now carry all duck and goose call like zink and now avery and greenhead gear decoys. had some floaters come in today and i just stared at them for a while. its getting hard now that were getting a ton of waterfowl product in.

#6 ·
I am getting excited too. Just scouted a "pre-work in the morning" spot with one of my hunting / work buddies, have not tried hunting it before but will this year.

Doing some map research and planning a scouting mission on near Otter Creek. Need to develop a couple more fall back spots for this season since last year we kind of put all our eggs in one basket and when the ducks were not there we were bored.

Going to install my trolling motor on the CamoBoat this year (primarily driven by 40hp Tohatsu then paddled into place) to kick it up a notch. (Frankly I don't know why I didn't do this sooner!)

So anyway, YUP, EXCITED! :thumbsup:

#7 ·
Lavman,you are scouting down around East Dorset? Head north before Lake Emerald,on the left,alot of nice roosting and feeding areas in the flooded timber down there,on the rte 7 side of the tracks you will see some small ponds,on the other side of the tracks is some serious beaver swamps that hold some nice duck hunting!

Good luck this year everyone!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.