Recent Rain

Waterfowl topics at their best, post here and read others views on Vermont duck hunting

Moderator: yellodog1

Recent Rain

Postby VT_Diver-Junkie » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:44 am

Just a heads up out there, with the rain that has been dumped the past few days the lake level is up which is good for us because our spot turned from a cove to a sandbar but with the rain a cove again!! But yesterday we launch in the Lamoille River to go scout on the lake and there is so much debris everywhere!! So i'm passing the warning along to all of you to watch out for submerged trees logs and other debris and all the crap on top of the water to, take your time coming out of rivers onto the lake and even on the lake. I don't want to read any storys of people having there motor ripped off there boat on opening day :no: Thanks for the time and good luck "IT"S ALMOST HERE!!!!" also only saw about 10 ducks in the whole mallets bay lots of geese though!!
Theres nothing like frostbite and gunpowder in the air!!!!
VT_Diver-Junkie
hunter

Re: Recent Rain

Postby RangerX » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:52 am

Thanks for the heads up. I live a mile from the Lamoille luanch and it can get real nasty when the water is moving...good luck next week!
RangerX
hunter

Re: Recent Rain

Postby VT_Diver-Junkie » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:05 am

Today is Sunday so its this week!!! YAY!! Lamoille is also moving damn fast but the launch is kinda a cove so its easy to launch and hitch up there cuz the water is just passing so that was awesome!! Oh also the fill entrance to the broad lake is flowing there is actually rapids there and the little bridge that is also a way to get to the broad lake!! That was tricky to get through even it the middle of the afternoon!! Careful there too
Theres nothing like frostbite and gunpowder in the air!!!!
VT_Diver-Junkie
hunter

Return to Vermont Duck Hunting