Good Day at Missisquoi

Waterfowl topics at their best, post here and read others views on Vermont duck hunting

Moderator: yellodog1

Good Day at Missisquoi

Postby yellodog1 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:20 am

I got drawn for a permit at Missisquoi yesterday, and had a great hunt. We ended up with 8 ducks between the two of us. yesterday it was loaded with Blacks and they kept coming into the decoys even with us standing in the water. We had to be careful of our shots, not many Greenheads but the Blacks were all over the place.
Hunt Vermont
yellodog1
State Moderator

Re: Good Day at Missisquoi

Postby duckin-A » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:45 am

way to go!!!! :beer:
" I spent all my money on Liquor & Women,
and the rest I just wasted"!!!
duckin-A
hunter

Postby bdowling » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:16 pm

Thanks for the post, I thought the 2 week pre season lottery was over and it was 1st come 1st serve at the refuge? Any thoughts, or is it 2 weeks of only open hunting days?

Thanks for the help!
bdowling
hunter

Postby Vtwaterfowler » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:54 am

It all depends on where you go.. in the long marsh channel/ metcalfe island area it is by permit only until the first of november. For shad island/ saxes creek/pothole areas its permit only for the first 2 days of the second opener then first come first serve for the rest of the season. There are A TON of black ducks on the refuge right now. Also lots of ringnecks.... Can't say I know a specific blindsite that hunters have consistently been hammering them in but i'm gonna try to find that spot this weekend!! :thumbsup:
Vtwaterfowler
hunter

Return to Vermont Duck Hunting