Off Season project

Waterfowl topics at their best, post here and read others views on Vermont duck hunting

Moderator: yellodog1

Off Season project

Postby dukk » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:13 pm

I am new to this site. Now that the season is over, I have a little time to post some topics and questions. I am from the southern part of VT but hunt the southern part of Lake Champlain. I am interested in a hunting camp, and am looking in the area of Shoreham. Not looking for anyone's honey hole, but am I in the right spot? Generally is the hunting worth my investment? Can I get to other spots easily (like the Dead Creek) from that area? Just interested in your thoughts....thanks
dukk
hunter

Re: Off Season project

Postby pete/pmr » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:02 am

About ten to fifteen minute drive depending on where in Shoreham!And if you are only hunting ducks and geese,guess it is as good a place as any! Everything in Shoreham is posted property just about,so if you are planning to hunt other things you will need to do alot of door knocking!
2013 Season Totals

Canada Geese 105
Mallards 43
Woodies 31
Teal 16
widgeon 8
Blacks 11
Goldeneyes 25 "Take-em"
Buffleheads 4
Bluebills 1
snows 27
Band Count 5
pete/pmr
hunter

Postby dukk » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:22 am

Thanks Pete. I know Dead Creek is the popular place but there are other spots in the area as well. Have you ever hunted the East Creek with success?
dukk
hunter

Postby pete/pmr » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:10 am

Yup... that is where we hunted the second day of the early season!And the first actual hunt of this dogs budding career,she did great for her first actual hunt! I really like the East Creek area,lots of great hunting in there and the only draw back too it is that it gets pounded and there are alot of birds also but usually after the first week it is slow ,but worth hunting!
First Day
first retrieve:
end of the morning hunt:
2013 Season Totals

Canada Geese 105
Mallards 43
Woodies 31
Teal 16
widgeon 8
Blacks 11
Goldeneyes 25 "Take-em"
Buffleheads 4