Deer vs. Coyotes

Waterfowl topics at their best, post here and read others views on Vermont duck hunting

Moderator: yellodog1

Re: Deer vs. Coyotes

Postby pete/pmr » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:12 am

Wildernezz2099 wrote:It's pretty embarrassing reading some of the aforementioned comments. Some of you men give Vermonters a really bad name. Are you that ignorant you can't spell basic words? Seriously, the white trash akin to yourselves give real sportsmen a bad name. Why would you ever hide around at night with your white trash buddies chewing skoal and talking about the chubby girl who got drunk and have sex with her and shoot at coyotes? Are you that pathetic of a tracker you can't use a bow? Seriously? You bagged 10 majestic coyotes, what did you do with their meat? Seriously, the fact that ugly hicks like you are allowed to do that is insulting. Seriously, whats the purpose in hunting coyote? You think your a forest ranger? Are you little PHD wildlife biology candidates? The deer herd in Vermont is just fine. However, you are the same pathetic sportsmen who shoot spikehorn and doe and jack deer at night with headlights. Ever thought of tracking game without all your toys and deer cum from kmart? Its pretty dubious that a 25 year old has to explain civility and hunting ethics to you. Seriously, you give the great state of Vermont a horrible name. Its either white trash medicaid people in this state or wealthy yuppies from the cape and Jersey.

I think my spelling was correct,I also think my pictures were alittle to grafic for your tree hugging world to handle! However and since you do not understand the coyote issues here, you are taking trash for no reason! But then again you probably would like to see coyotes running thru your neighborhood killing and eating all your cute little pets! Once those are all gone, they will start on your children,or your neighbors kids! But with management,set by biologists within our state,we can shoot them,as many as we want! :yes: Until that rule changes,and our educated biologists say it is enough,well then you just need to suck it up and except that! If you do not like what you see here,why do you even come to a hunting website?

Better yet come to our great state,let me take you out in the woods,drop you off just before dark,and leave you there with out a weapon,and see how friendly the coyotes will be then!

They are destructive and yet useful to our eco system,but they also can over populate it and then what,once they run out of rabbits,and other small animals to eat,they have to start looking for new food sources,domestic livestock,pets,small children....ect..ect..ect! Rabbits,squirrels,turkeys ,grouse,all game hunters eat,also deer,yet coyotes also kill these animals,and as thier populations grow,the population of all these other animals declines,it is a trade off,and our educated Biologists feel it is a good trade to kill off the coyotes and protect and preserve the other populations of animals within our state!
2013 Season Totals

Canada Geese 105
Mallards 43
Woodies 31
Teal 16
widgeon 8
Blacks 11
Goldeneyes 25 "Take-em"
Buffleheads 4
Bluebills 1
snows 27
Band Count 5
pete/pmr
hunter

Postby TomKat » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:18 am

Lavman,

Ofcourse I have ate coyote. There is nothing as good as a deep fried back strap from a year old pup. You can smoke them with bacon on them. Are you trying to tell me you are spouting off on this post and you have NEVER ate coyote meat??? :fingerpt:

The difference between Vermont and Kansas- your neighbors fight and argue over whats right and wrong, with a heavy dose of puritian guilt and liberal tree hugging thrown in. My neighbors bring their kids and grandmothers out to see the coyotes, they all thank me and pat me on the back. Then the cook out begins.

Here ya go, I know you are going to enjoy these-

Here is one of those year old pups. He cooked up great!

My cousin got this yearling pup. We had him slow smoked with baked beans and tater salad.

TomKat
Dorothy

Postby Lavman » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:42 am

TomKat wrote:Lavman,

Ofcourse I have ate coyote. There is nothing as good as a deep fried back strap from a year old pup. You can smoke them with bacon on them. Are you trying to tell me you are spouting off on this post and you have NEVER ate coyote meat??? :fingerpt:

The difference between Vermont and Kansas- your neighbors fight and argue over whats right and wrong, with a heavy dose of puritian guilt and liberal tree hugging thrown in. My neighbors bring their kids and grandmothers out to see the coyotes, they all thank me and pat me on the back. Then the cook out begins.

TK,
Thanks for the reply, great pictures! :beer:

It is true, i have never eaten yote and in fact I have only shot two in my lifetime. I have not targeted them specifically to hunt but rather encountered them while deer hunting and simply did my part to try and manage their numbers, all of us VT hunters are well aware of the hell they raise with our various game species. Reading back through the posts of many months ago it is possible my interpretation of the various posts that were comingled with multiple "quote" replies that I comingled your sentiments with those of others. Clearly you are a successful coyote hunter and understand their position in the ecosystem and the importance of managing their numbers.

You speak the truth about the status of many people that live in Vermont (please note that I did not call them "Vermonter's". The liberal tree hugging naysayers you speak of are NOT Vermonter's in any way shape or form, they are transplants that have managed to come here and attempt to impose their ways of thinking on us and change our way of life.)
Lavman
hunter

Postby Lavman » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:48 am

duckin-A wrote:I think the deer have been taking a bad hit this winter with all the deep snow against the coyotes. while hiking and talking with other hikers or hunters where i take my dogs there are more sightings of Deer parts than ever. My dogs will go off trail and come back with Deer parts. SO......the state F&G while managing the deer heard with this and that regulations, does anyone think they should put a bounty on coyotes to maybe stimulate more predator hunting in VT?????? i was talking with a guy recently who was bushwacking on East Mt in Mendon and came up on 8 Coys ripping a deer apart. he had no gun so quietly slipped outta there!! thats probably the only real way to thin them out!!! BOUNTY$$$$....... your thoughts are appreciated.

To get this thread back on track......

Yes, a bounty would certainly stimulate some level of increased coyote hunting. How would the funds for the bounty be raised, though? Increase in hunting license fees perhaps? As it stands now I feel like the fees we hunters pay for tags and licenses is fair. If we had to pony up $2 each time we updated our tags and licenses it would be a small price to pay to help in some small way to mangage the coyote population.
Lavman
hunter

Previous

Return to Vermont Duck Hunting