2011 opening

Waterfowl topics at their best, post here and read others views on Vermont duck hunting

Moderator: yellodog1

2011 opening

Postby gmannn » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:56 am

Any hints on the opening day dates for the 2011 season?
gmannn
hunter
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Derby, VT.


Re: 2011 opening

Postby chambo32 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:06 pm

10/5/11???
chambo32
hunter
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:20 pm
Location: Huntington

Re: 2011 opening

Postby pete/pmr » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:50 am

October 5th is the first Wednesday of the month!
User avatar
pete/pmr
hunter
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:13 am
Location: Southwestern Vermont

Re: 2011 opening

Postby HJF » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:14 pm

10/5 or 10/12
User avatar
HJF
hunter
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:13 am
Location: Rutland, VT

Re: 2011 opening

Postby RangerX » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:57 am

Not a weekend opener you think?

5th or 12th would be nice...
RangerX
hunter
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:57 pm

Re: 2011 opening

Postby pete/pmr » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:00 am

Nope it will be a Wednesday this year! Kind of liking Wednesday openers! Wish it could just stay that way,and I am saying it for purely selfish reasons! Less people on the water!
2013 Season Totals

Canada Geese 105
Mallards 43
Woodies 31
Teal 16
widgeon 8
Blacks 11
Goldeneyes 25 "Take-em"
Buffleheads 4
Bluebills 1
snows 27
Band Count 5
User avatar
pete/pmr
hunter
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:13 am
Location: Southwestern Vermont

Re: 2011 opening

Postby ztvt » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:51 pm

are you sure we are not due for a saturday opener this year? unless my count is off, which it could be, the last 2 openers have been on Wednesday so we would be due to for a saturday opener this year, based on the usual 2 wednesdays then a saturday pattern we have followed. Hopefully i am wrong, would much prefer a Wednesday.......
ztvt
Newb
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:05 pm
Location: vt

Re: 2011 opening

Postby RangerX » Mon May 02, 2011 8:29 am

ztvt wrote:are you sure we are not due for a saturday opener this year? unless my count is off, which it could be, the last 2 openers have been on Wednesday so we would be due to for a saturday opener this year, based on the usual 2 wednesdays then a saturday pattern we have followed. Hopefully i am wrong, would much prefer a Wednesday.......


2009 was a Saturday opener.
RangerX
hunter
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:57 pm

Re: 2011 opening

Postby pete/pmr » Mon May 16, 2011 11:56 am

Yup 2009 was a saturday opener! So we have a wednesday and then next year a Saturday! I guess I will try not to let it bother me knowing next year is a Saturday opener!LOL
2013 Season Totals

Canada Geese 105
Mallards 43
Woodies 31
Teal 16
widgeon 8
Blacks 11
Goldeneyes 25 "Take-em"
Buffleheads 4
Bluebills 1
snows 27
Band Count 5
User avatar
pete/pmr
hunter
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:13 am
Location: Southwestern Vermont

Re: 2011 opening

Postby RangerX » Wed May 25, 2011 5:57 am

pete/pmr wrote:Yup 2009 was a saturday opener! So we have a wednesday and then next year a Saturday! I guess I will try not to let it bother me knowing next year is a Saturday opener!LOL


confused... you are saying this year will be another wednesday opener? I hope so.
RangerX
hunter
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:57 pm

Re: 2011 opening

Postby HJF » Wed May 25, 2011 1:46 pm

RangerX wrote:
pete/pmr wrote:Yup 2009 was a saturday opener! So we have a wednesday and then next year a Saturday! I guess I will try not to let it bother me knowing next year is a Saturday opener!LOL


confused... you are saying this year will be another wednesday opener? I hope so.



yes
User avatar
HJF
hunter
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:13 am
Location: Rutland, VT

Re: 2011 opening

Postby pete/pmr » Wed May 25, 2011 2:49 pm

Yes this year the season opens on a Wednesday,and next year is the Saturday opener!In 2009 the season opened on a Saturday,so we have two years following a Saturday opener that opening day falls on a Wednesday,then a Saturday again!Hope it is on the 5th!

2007 opener Wednesday
2008 opener Wednesday
2009 opener Saturday
2010 opener Wednesday
2011 opener Wednesday
2012 opener Saturday
2013 opener Wednesday
2014 opener Wednesday
2015 opener Saturday
2013 Season Totals

Canada Geese 105
Mallards 43
Woodies 31
Teal 16
widgeon 8
Blacks 11
Goldeneyes 25 "Take-em"
Buffleheads 4
Bluebills 1
snows 27
Band Count 5
User avatar
pete/pmr
hunter
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:13 am
Location: Southwestern Vermont

Re: 2011 opening

Postby RangerX » Thu May 26, 2011 1:50 pm

Music to my ears, fellahs. Music to my ears!

Thanks for the info!

Nick
RangerX
hunter
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:57 pm

Re: 2011 opening

Postby RangerX » Thu May 26, 2011 1:53 pm

Just a thought....

Any insight on the early goose season dates yet?

Nick
RangerX
hunter
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:57 pm

Re: 2011 opening

Postby HJF » Thu May 26, 2011 5:10 pm

It starts the Tuesday after Labor Day and will end on 9/25.........always will and always does. The Feds will not allow us to go past the 25th and VT does not want to start it over the Labor Day long weekend, with all the people on the water.
User avatar
HJF
hunter
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:13 am
Location: Rutland, VT

Re: 2011 opening

Postby RangerX » Fri May 27, 2011 11:01 am

HJF wrote:It starts the Tuesday after Labor Day and will end on 9/25.........always will and always does. The Feds will not allow us to go past the 25th and VT does not want to start it over the Labor Day long weekend, with all the people on the water.


Appreciate the insight, HJF. Thanks again!

Nick
RangerX
hunter
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:57 pm

Re: 2011 opening

Postby pete/pmr » Fri May 27, 2011 5:48 pm

Nick you looking to hit some fields this year? I got the blinds and decoys?!
2013 Season Totals

Canada Geese 105
Mallards 43
Woodies 31
Teal 16
widgeon 8
Blacks 11
Goldeneyes 25 "Take-em"
Buffleheads 4
Bluebills 1
snows 27
Band Count 5
User avatar
pete/pmr
hunter
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:13 am
Location: Southwestern Vermont

Re: 2011 opening

Postby RangerX » Sat May 28, 2011 4:25 pm

pete/pmr wrote:Nick you looking to hit some fields this year? I got the blinds and decoys?!


Absolutely! Need some company?
RangerX
hunter
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:57 pm


Return to Vermont Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests