Looking for duck hunting spots near rutland vermont

Waterfowl topics at their best, post here and read others views on Vermont duck hunting

Moderator: yellodog1

Looking for duck hunting spots near rutland vermont

Postby GDCMJC » Wed May 11, 2011 1:24 am

Now I dont want to take anyones honey hole but a little help would be great. I moved here a couple years ago and have been struggling to find anything that isnt posted. I have a canoe and waders, I will go to any location, I just need to be pointed in the right direction. If anyone can recommend a few places that would be great. Thanks for any help.
GDCMJC
Newb

Re: Looking for duck hunting spots near rutland vermont

Postby HotDog » Wed May 11, 2011 11:33 am

Check your PMs
WTN10 wrote:
"Why do you assume I'm a genius? Have you ever considered that I'm average and that you're retarded?"
HotDog
hunter

Postby HJF » Wed May 11, 2011 4:40 pm

Probably not going to get alot of replys as most of us have put ALOT of time and money finding our spots. Best advise is spend alot of time behind the wheel scouting. Also, please don't move in on another duck hunter if they have a good spot and you are not, it is going to take some serious time and effort to find good spots in this state.
HJF
hunter

Postby pete/pmr » Thu May 12, 2011 9:14 am

HJF wrote:Probably not going to get alot of replys as most of us have put ALOT of time and money finding our spots. Best advise is spend alot of time behind the wheel scouting. Also, please don't move in on another duck hunter if they have a good spot and you are not, it is going to take some serious time and effort to find good spots in this state.

It is not something anyone is going to give freely! You have to figure it out for yourself,and hope the spots you scout are not stepping on other peoples spots! But be sure that if the spots you find are spots other people hunt they will let you know quick fast and in a hurry! My suggestion to you is get out and talk to farmers in the area,along waterways,lakes or ponds,and see if they are giving permission to hunt,and ask if there are others hunting there already,if there are then respect it and move on! Most of the posted signs you are seeing are there to make you ask for permission,and alot of the farmers will give permission if you ask! But you will never know if you do not ask!
2013 Season Totals

Canada Geese 105
Mallards 43
Woodies 31
Teal 16
widgeon 8
Blacks 11
Goldeneyes 25 "Take-em"
Buffleheads 4
Bluebills 1
snows 27
Band Count 5