Missisquoi WMA

Waterfowl topics at their best, post here and read others views on Vermont duck hunting

Moderator: yellodog1

Missisquoi WMA

Postby 3 1/2 inch magnum » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:34 pm

Hey everybody. Me and some friends are heading to Missisquoi WMA this fall and was wondering if anyone has been there before, and had any luck
3 1/2 inch magnum
hunter

Re: Missisquoi WMA

Postby CHSAPKS » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:01 am

Did you get a blind site, or are you just hunting public land in the Missisquoi? If you are hunting public land in the MIssisquoi river delta area make sure to get in early and have a plan B and C if you first choice is already taken.

Good luck,

CHSAPKS
CHSAPKS
hunter

Postby 3 1/2 inch magnum » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:14 pm

Im from mass so haven't been able to get up there and do any scouting yet, but a friends cabin is 10over mind down the road and from looking at maps I think we're aiming more towards gander bay area. Nope no blind site wasn't aware ct did blind site drawings. Any other WMA open to waterfowl hunting in the area?
3 1/2 inch magnum
hunter

Postby VtechSkybuster » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:09 am

I dont know how you are planning on hunting, but just so you are aware, Goose can have stationary blinds (and its packed) and Gander can only have boat blinds to hunt. CHSPKS hit the nail on the head, you better have a couple backup plans and get there early. This is especially true the first few days of the season. Im not sure when you guys will be coming up, but weekdays may be a little easier to get a spot and try things out.
They might get my guns, but they're gonna get the bullets first!!
VtechSkybuster
hunter

Postby 3 1/2 inch magnum » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:23 am

Ok thanks for the heads up I appreciate it. Were going to be hunting from a boat
3 1/2 inch magnum
hunter

Postby wingset » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:03 am

Quite frankly, without a couple weeks of scouting, I'd save yourself a trip and try to find something closer to home. The best areas are crowded, and most are rather intolerant new faces.
This year is going to be very challenging with the lack of wild rice on the refuge.

Good luck...
wingset
hunter

Postby CHSAPKS » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:19 pm

If you guys are hunting out of a boat blind when you come, their is always the broad lake to try...... If you come in November you will have a good shoot. Like Skybuster said their are allot of stationary blinds in all the bays branching from the Missisiquoi.

:beer:
CHSAPKS
hunter

Postby FowlHooked » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:02 pm

I ran up from NJ last season late like the begin of december. We hunted below missisquoi on the lake for whistlers and we had no problems. some ramps out on the islands. May do it again this yr. Would like to hit when better shot at some bbills mixed in and mallards this time.
Fowl Hooked Waterfowling on Facebook
FowlHooked
hunter

Postby we bad x 2 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:09 am

hay boys is hank the olympic shooter and duck hunter still around i ran into him 15yrs ago up ther looking to talk to him thanks brian p.s. i heard he's running a surface drive motor?
we bad x 2
hunter

Postby Sharkman » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:12 pm

I have hunted the refuge at Blind Site A. First day was awesome. Second day was not so good. I got the spot through my uncles gun club. They have a seminar every year. You get decoys, win stuff, do skeet and trap ect. Its really fun to hunt in there.
Sharkman
hunter

Return to Vermont Duck Hunting