Pomainville WMA, Pittsford

Waterfowl topics at their best, post here and read others views on Vermont duck hunting

Moderator: yellodog1

Pomainville WMA, Pittsford

Postby NW_Vermont » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:23 am

I've taken my gun for a walk in this WMA before to kill an hour and possibly jump some ducks. That was last year. The State's description shows that it can hold ducks and DU was involved in getting the land, so, there may be ducks in there.

My travels will take me down that way later this week, making an opportunity for a morning hunt. :grooving:

Would anybody be willing to share strategies for hunting this WMA? I won't have my dog or boat during this visit, so hunting the Creek would be an issue, but the fields have flooded puddles that I could set up next to. Natural cover would be helpful. I'd carry in a bag of decoys.

PMs will be respected and it is rare for me do hunt "down south". :lol:
Anybody care to join me?

Thanks.

NW_Vermont
NW_Vermont
hunter

Re: Pomainville WMA, Pittsford

Postby Lockestocknbarrel » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:08 am

Hey there,

I'm hunting this spot as we speak!

There was a nice flyby of about 50 ducks at the open (650am) but it's been pretty slow since (8am now). There is a nice flock of geese here now on the water about 100 yards from where I'm setup.

My inlaws live in Rutland so I plan on hunting here frequently... I'm a beginner and would love someone to hunt with. Shoot me a PM and maybe we can meet up.

-Andrew
Lockestocknbarrel
Newb

Re: Pomainville WMA, Pittsford

Postby NW_Vermont » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:21 am

Ha! Real-time reports thanks to DHC!

Those geese are in season, so go charge them, running commando-style! Kidding! :yes:

Good luck!
NW_Vermont
hunter

Return to Vermont Duck Hunting