Good overnight Canoe trips

Waterfowl topics at their best, post here and read others views on Vermont duck hunting

Moderator: yellodog1

Good overnight Canoe trips

Postby yellodog1 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:04 pm

The last 2 years myself and a few guys from work have taken a weekend and gone on an overnight canoe trip. The first year we did a section of the Conn. river from Wells River to Fairlee. It was a bit longer on the second day than we anticipated but still not too bad.
Last year we went to the green river reservoir and canoed out to a camp sight. However at the reservoir we didnt catch many fish.

Does anyone know of a good canoe trip, that isnt too long that you could do with 1 overnight, and that we could catch some decent fish. Put in and take out spots would be appreciated.

Thanks Yellodog1.
yellodog1
State Moderator

Connecticut river canoe trip

Postby yellodog1 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:52 pm

We ended up going from Wells river vermont down to Bradford, Vermont. This was early June so we had had a lot of rain, the river was really moving fast. There are a numbe r of camp sights on the river, but we decided to do the whole trip in 1 day, as it was raining and the temp dropping. We then went to a buddies camp, and stayed there.

Fishing was bad on the river as it was so high and full of feed from all the rain. We did the same trip 2 years ago and had great luck fishing.
yellodog1
State Moderator

Green River Res fishing

Postby vermonster » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:26 pm

Hi yellodog1,

I just joined this chat list, and found this old post. Surprised you didn't have much luck on Green River Res. It is a great smallmouth fishery (some BIG pike and pickerel in there, too). Give it another shot!

If you PM me, I will let you know some of the spots/techniques that work well there.
vermonster
hunter

Postby yellodog1 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:14 am

We caught a few pickerel on the Green River, but not a lot of luck. I think we will have to try it again this year.
Hunt Vermont
yellodog1
State Moderator

Return to Vermont Duck Hunting