Vermont boys

Waterfowl topics at their best, post here and read others views on Vermont duck hunting

Moderator: yellodog1

Vermont boys

Postby beater » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:41 pm

I am from across the bridge in new york and I was thinking about trying to hunt over on the vermont side a little bit this year. Does anybody know what I need for licenses. I plan on staying on the lake hunting out of the boat but still I will be over on the vermont side so I believe I need to get the licenses for vermont to do that. thanks
beater
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:52 am

You might get a better response in the Vermont forumn.

Welcome though! :welcome:
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby Coot Man » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:22 am

Also, try looking up Vermont Fish and Game on the web. They would have all the non resident info. Good luck!!!
You've got to stand for something or you will fall for anything...
Coot Man
hunter

Postby VTduckman » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:21 pm

i do belive, that as long as you stay below the low water mark( about 10 feet from shore i think) and dont go into any inlets, rivers, ect, you dont need anything but your new york stuff. thats how it is for fishing.Where in New york are you? i live in Addison VT, 3 minutes to the Champlain Bridge. Mabey we could go hunt together somtime?
Season Totals-
Canada's-Alot
2 Mallards
2 Blacks
15 Green Wing
5 Wood Ducks
1 Can.
1 Pintail
Hooded Merganser
VTduckman
hunter

Postby yellodog1 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:22 am

You do need an Out-of-State Vermont license, also you would need the Vermont Duck Stamp. The reciprocal fishing agreement, is only for fishing and has nothing to so with hunting regulations on the lake. Remember its not only state law but Federal law that you would be violating, so I would get the Vermont Sate license, available on the Vermont Fish and Wildlife web site.

The duck stamp is available any town office building, and in most cases walmart, and some other hunting stores in Vermont.
yellodog1
State Moderator

Postby beater » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:39 pm

Thanks guys for all your help, I got a hold of the vermont fish and game and the answer was just what yellodog1 stated. I need the vermont stamp and he said that just a small game license will do for hunting waterfowl.(along with the federal stamp). Thanks again and I will be seeing you on the vermont side this fall.
beater
hunter

Postby VTduckman » Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:58 pm

Glad to have ya over here :thumbsup:
Season Totals-
Canada's-Alot
2 Mallards
2 Blacks
15 Green Wing
5 Wood Ducks
1 Can.
1 Pintail