Sweet Forum

Waterfowl topics at their best, post here and read others views on Vermont duck hunting

Moderator: yellodog1

Sweet Forum

Postby centralvthunter » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:43 pm

I was lucky enough to get a spot in mud creek for the 14th, trying to do a little research and stumbled upon this. Awesome! Anyone have any tips or recommendations?
centralvthunter
hunter

Re: Sweet Forum

Postby Vtwaterfowler » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:28 pm

the action tends to be short lasted... :sad: Remember to use your canoe as a way to retrieve your birds.. it has an indefinite bottom that surely goes over the height of your waders....
Vtwaterfowler
hunter

Postby magogwhacker » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:49 am

With the opener, there should be some birds about, the hard part is how to hide there. The floating cattail mat is hard to move around on and you end up trampling all your cover if you are not really careful. If you don't have a dog you have to restrict shooting to birds over open water, you will never find them if they drop on the cattail mat. A cool place to hunt, but also messy(they mean MUD when they call it mud creek) and difficult. A great place to get a duck species you have never shot before. I've gotten ringers, pintails, greyducks, and a spoonie there, as well as the more normal stuff. Enjoy
What? There's open water? Its not cold enough.
magogwhacker
hunter

Postby ronvt » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:14 am

Mud creek will be hard to hunt with the low water. I passed by the other day and the tree stumps look like there 12 inches above the water. Good luck.
ronvt
hunter

Postby Lavman » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:53 pm

I have never hunted the creek but welcome aboard! This place should start to liven up with the opener close at hand :beer:
Lavman
hunter

Return to Vermont Duck Hunting