Where to Start?

Waterfowl topics at their best, post here and read others views on Vermont duck hunting

Moderator: yellodog1

Where to Start?

Postby doogie494 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:51 am

hey fellow Vters. i need a place to start duck hunting. i was thinking about maybe richville pond. it is close enough and i dont believe it is all that crowded. how bad is dead creek in the early stages? i was thinking about canoeing it to a decent spot out of the way. thanx
Doug

Postby VTduckman » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:40 pm

I live on dead creek, it is a little swamped the first week, but i know some areas i have never seen anyone on in my life. I would be glad to take you some time. always lookin for new hunting buddies.
Season Totals-
Canada's-Alot
2 Mallards
2 Blacks
15 Green Wing
5 Wood Ducks
1 Can.
1 Pintail
Hooded Merganser
VTduckman
hunter

Postby doogie494 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:51 pm

i would GREATLY appreciate that!!! I think i can get access from a friend that lives on jersy st. but i think it would be better for me if i went with someone who knows what their doing the first couple of times out and show me the ropes a little.
Doug

Postby yellodog1 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:56 am

Go out before the season, and see where the blinds are put up, then you can get an idea of where to go. You can also mark your own blind or spot to hunt from this weekend, the first Sat. in September.
Hunt Vermont
yellodog1
State Moderator

Return to Vermont Duck Hunting