Goose Hunting!!

Waterfowl topics at their best, post here and read others views on Vermont duck hunting

Moderator: yellodog1

Goose Hunting!!

Postby joyfulsound866 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:29 am

Hey y'all. Getting ready for the season yet? I been brushing up the boats and blinds and lugging out the gear.

I am wondering if there's anyone else in the Champlain Valley from the Burlington to Rutland areas who enjoys hunting Canada geese! I have several blinds, lots of good calls, and about 5 doz decoys. Would love to join forces and spend some time afield. I have permission to hunt several farms in Addison County. Looking to meet some respectful and responsible, safe hunters to go on some hunts with.

Hope to hear from you soon! Good luck this year!
joyfulsound866
hunter

Re: Goose Hunting!!

Postby duckklr » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:34 pm

Always looking for new people to hunt with. I as well have numerous decoys and blinds to throw into the mix. I have never been over champlain way and would look forward to it.
duckklr
hunter

Postby pete/pmr » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:34 pm

I have about 3-5 dozen full bodies and 4 dozen shells and 3 coffin blinds and also hunt from Rutland to West Addison, and am always looking for people to goose hunt with! Also have two retrievers who are always looking to retrieve ducks and geese! They also have there own gear, blinds, vests, collars...ect! Drop me a pm and lets try to put something together! I have friends that also have more gear to build a big spread!
2013 Season Totals

Canada Geese 105
Mallards 43
Woodies 31
Teal 16
widgeon 8
Blacks 11
Goldeneyes 25 "Take-em"
Buffleheads 4
Bluebills 1
snows 27
Band Count 5
pete/pmr
hunter

Postby Drivetacks » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:18 pm

Hey guys I'm from fairfax, started hunting geese, well waterfowl in general last year. Have a could buddies and my girlfriends family that have been kind enough to get me into the sport. Was really set on gearing up for the season with a nice spread of decoys but with a baby due oct 2, I found plenty of other things to spend discretionary income on this summer! With that said if you're ever looking for a shooter let me know! I have a layout, gun, couple calls (I think I'm good enough to kill some birds but tell me to shut up if need be!) either way good luck and hope to see some pics in a few weeks!
Drivetacks
hunter

Postby RangerX » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:25 am

I'm always down for a hunt and have a boat that can hunt 4 people.. 3-4 dozen full body field decoys, 3 coffins, and can call.

Yo Pete, when are we going to get together again and pound em?

Nick
RangerX
hunter

Postby pete/pmr » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:41 am

Hey Nick
Whenever you want to hook up for a goose hunt ,you just let me know..... I am down! :grooving:
2013 Season Totals

Canada Geese 105
Mallards 43
Woodies 31
Teal 16
widgeon 8
Blacks 11
Goldeneyes 25 "Take-em"
Buffleheads 4
Bluebills 1
snows 27
Band Count 5
pete/pmr
hunter

Postby brokermike » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:52 pm

I'm certainly around for some hunts. Just had our first child
But I have a hall pass for duck and geese. Have some flocked full bodies and my own layout. My lab isn't quite ready for early season but should be reasonably solid for the second half

Just shoot me a pm if anyone wants to hint southern vt or adjacent ny. We pound them right across the border!
brokermike
hunter

Postby pete/pmr » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:29 pm

I am running both dogs now getting them ready for goose season! Working them ever chance I get!

Jake putting in some work,

This is Lacey my 3 1/2 year old,with a job well done,

Heading out in the morning to work on blind retrieves with them and run some baseball drills! Work never ends!
2013 Season Totals

Canada Geese 105
Mallards 43
Woodies 31
Teal 16
widgeon 8
Blacks 11
Goldeneyes 25 "Take-em"
Buffleheads 4
Bluebills 1
snows 27
Band Count 5
pete/pmr
hunter

Postby Drivetacks » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:04 pm

Nice pups Pete. My German short hair will be a year on the 22nd I was hoping to get him some time during the early season as I don't think he will do well with the late season temperatures, but I've been way to busy with work to get in the dog work I wanted. Hopefully i can run him on a few partridge in the NEK this fall instead!
Drivetacks
hunter

Postby RangerX » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:44 am

pete/pmr wrote:Hey Nick
Whenever you want to hook up for a goose hunt ,you just let me know..... I am down! :grooving:

Cool, I'll be calling you in the near future!
RangerX
hunter

Postby brokermike » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:39 am

For us border hoppers out there have a fun day. 15 bag limit in NY, better be on the X!
brokermike
hunter

Postby vt.honker » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:38 am

:hi: BEST OF LUCK TO ONE AND ALL THIS SEASON :thumbsup:
So many geese,so much ammo,so little time left!
vt.honker
hunter

Return to Vermont Duck Hunting