snows on Champlain

Waterfowl topics at their best, post here and read others views on Vermont duck hunting

Moderator: yellodog1

snows on Champlain

Postby goldeneye13 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:08 pm

Anybody been seeing snow geese on lake Champlain. Been seeing a little but nothing like the previous year's. I hope it's just because they're still north of us. Still waiting for that migration to bring ducks around. Anybody seeing anything around?
A bad day fishing is better then a good day at work
goldeneye13
hunter

Re: snows on Champlain

Postby duckin-A » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:03 pm

hunted south end of lake yesterday........forecast totally missed it! no birds flying un less pushed ......very very wary!!!! but lotsa birds around......no kills!
" I spent all my money on Liquor & Women,
and the rest I just wasted"!!!
duckin-A
hunter

Postby chambo32 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:10 pm

You are not alone. I hunted the south end of the lake Sunday and saw hundreds of mallards, but could get a single bird to decoy. Maybe the cold weather will get them to decoy......
chambo32
hunter

Postby VTfowl » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:48 am

the birds not decoying could be numerous things like your spread, calling, or not being concealed. Not saying you did any of these wrong but just some things to think about for a better hunt next time! :thumbsup: good luck :beer:
if it flies it dies
VTfowl
hunter

Postby joyfulsound866 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:53 pm

saw one bunch of snows (60-80) near Bridport a week ago. have heard that they like the NY side much more (due to more of an abundance of waste grains and larger fields)
joyfulsound866
hunter

Return to Vermont Duck Hunting