Duck Hunting Forum banner

Your Thoughts on The Robertson Clan

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Duck_Stank 
#1 ·
I'm Curious, what are your thoughts on the affects Duck Dynasty has had on the Duck Hunting "world"?
I haven't been able to convince myself if its all good or all bad, but I'm starting to get a bad taste in my mouth from the affects of The Dynasty.
Many people don't know and have never seen their videos from before they went mainstream, now that's good TV!
I think its starting to blow this great tradition that we all love up into a huge monopoly that's getting everybody and their brother into the sport. Hopefully its just a fad and many newcomers loose interest.

Just my thoughts, what's yours?
Oh, and lets leave the current state of the show and Phil's comments out, that a whole nother discussion that someone could feel free to start in another thread!

Merry Christmas and I hope you all have a Good New Year!

#2 ·
Hah... there is no doubt that it will attract new people to duck hunting; let's hope that some of them embrace it, and contribute to conservation and effort to protect the habitat and carry on the tradition of ethical and respectable hunting. That being said, for those that choose not too, it's likely you'll only have to worry about them during the opening split, you won't have to worry about those girls once late November arrives... ;) Moreover, it will likely only continue to overcrowd the already overcrowded walk in spots we all know about. Keep scouting, hunt a little harder, and good shoots will never end. :)

Nick

#3 ·
As a Duck Commander fan at heart, and growing up on all the Duck Commander DVD's from the 90's to today. I personally think Duck Dynasty ruined the reputation of them being the hard core duck hunters we all remember from the DVD's.... Just my thoughts...... :huh:

#4 ·
CHSAPKS said:
As a Duck Commander fan at heart, and growing up on all the Duck Commander DVD's from the 90's to today. I personally think Duck Dynasty ruined the reputation of them being the hard core duck hunters we all remember from the DVD's.... Just my thoughts...... :huh:
:hi: X-2...DITTO!! I would add that,imho,the first three videos Phil made(with Warren Coco)were the best of the "hardcore" duck hunting videos.After those ,even Warren went "mainstream" because he had so many orders for his boats and motors :rolleyes: .

#5 ·
They went Hollywood ! Sad because you do not see new hunting shows anymore! They had the best shows! Funny,and just good old boys having fun hunting! That is all gone! I enjoy the show,but I do not support Duck Dynasty,do not buy there products,I will buy Duck Commander products,which is different,and the money goes to the Robertsons and not A&E! I do not support them or their views!

As for hurting or helping duck hunting,do not think it has any bearing on duck hunting! I think the whole time it has been on they have only had maybe three shows that actually had them out in a duck blind hunting,plus out gigging frogs,and hunting doves,squirrels,and beavers! Hardly any duck hunting!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.