Duck Hunting Forum banner

LAke Chaamplain

938 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  VT_Diver-Junkie 
#1 ·
Hey Folks,

Anybody hunt out on the Lake for ducks and geese???

I am looking for general info on areas to try, I live near the Champlain bridge and met a few guys last year at the Bridge Resturant that had limited out on bluebills in about an hour.
I have a 14 ft V bottom that is camoed for hunting and want to try the Lake.
Any info would ne appreciated.

Thanks.

#3 ·
I live about 3 miles from the bridge, but have never hunted the lake before. Divers arent really my thing. I mostly hunt dead creek are a nd some spots in ferrisburg.

#4 ·
Thanks Guys,

I HAVE hunted the Dead Creek area for 3 years or so and really want to hunt the divers.

I am putting a floating blind in at the creek nprth of 17 this year so I can have some mobility. Creek was WAY down on the West branch last weekend and I dio't know if it's even deep enough to float a canoe. Places where there was plenty of water last year now are dry. Saw a lot of ducks though!!!
So I will probably figure a way to hunt there as well.

#5 ·
When the divers are down and you know it just take a day or even half a day and drive around with a good pair of binoculars, follow the lakes edge as much as possible and take a look out there at what you see. Also take down little notes in your mind like wind direction stuff like that and plan out what you want to do and how you can get there. Oh also bring a drink or two and some food and just relax and enjoy what your doing. My dad and I do this a lot to plan out what we want to do the next day or even that day. I love doing it!!!! :thumbsup: Good Luck and remember to push some to us we are a few miles south some days haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.