Lake Champlain water level

Waterfowl topics at their best, post here and read others views on Vermont duck hunting

Moderator: yellodog1

Lake Champlain water level

Postby yellodog1 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:06 pm

The water level seems pretty low so far this year on Champlain.
I was down in the Charlotte area this weekend, and it seemed pretty low. Apparently its pretty low up in Mississquoi area too.

Although I've seen it pretty low before the season before, and then a week of rain, and blinds end up being under water.
Hunt Vermont
yellodog1
State Moderator

Postby LBeinhaur » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:02 am

The Lake is really low as is the Area around Dead Creek. I was down by the Bridge this past week and most of the areas are showing mud instead of water. I think that hunting will be difficult at Dead creek as the water is SO low there is no way to even get a canoe down the West side. I spoke with a guy with a kayak and he said he was pushing mud eith that so it is REALLY low. Pray for rain!!!
LBeinhaur
hunter

Postby goldeneye13 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:37 pm

I,ve been watching the level reports on the NOAA weather network. And when you compare the 2007 graphic up to now since this spring it's like in 1997. It sure is a good indicator of wath opening day will you like on less we get a 3 days of steady rain!!!!! I know that trying to go out of the east branch in Missiquoi it's going to be a case of wader to push out. you get to a point out the branch going in the lake that ther's only about a foot of water!!!!! With a regular outboard good luck. This weekend I'll be going out and GPSing the deepest area's and taking quit a few waipoint. Did that last year and it works like a charm!!!
goldeneye13
hunter

Postby yellodog1 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:01 pm

Looks like a 40% chance of rain Monday and 20% chance for Wednesday. Probbaly not enough to bring the lake level up much.

Looks like it will be overcast and possible rain on opening day. Thats better than the bluebird day openers we have had in the last few years.
Hunt Vermont
yellodog1
State Moderator

lake champlain

Postby HotDog » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:50 pm

Yes, lake will rise. last year came up a couple feet plus. good luck wednesday. i'll be out in blind rest of week. i call it therapy! i'll post results over weekend.
WTN10 wrote:
"Why do you assume I'm a genius? Have you ever considered that I'm average and that you're retarded?"
HotDog
hunter

Return to Vermont Duck Hunting