How many saw this?

Waterfowl topics at their best, post here and read others views on Vermont duck hunting

Moderator: yellodog1

How many saw this?

Postby doogie494 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:10 am

Doug

Postby HuntsCTRiver » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:03 pm

Right on!!! that is a great article. saturday i had some retard fisherman kayaking through my decoy spread. I said "Hi" and he jumped. then proceeded to fish just 55 yards downstream!! he left after I started shooting at every crow that went by that wasn't over his head. :no: :no:
HuntsCTRiver
hunter

Postby yellodog1 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:25 am

I've never had that problem, but it certainly would make me mad.
One year I was hunting in a swamp and had 2 canoers come through my decoys and say in loud voices "Oh it must be a big bad duck hunter" They said a few other things too.

It is a violation of VT law to harass or hinder a person hunting in VT. If others have the problem, these people can be reported to Fish and Wildlife.
Hunt Vermont
yellodog1
State Moderator

Postby HuntsCTRiver » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:43 pm

A buddy of mine was pheasant hunting this week at a pheasant stocked WMA and had to hunt AROUND a family picnicing. I really don't get it. I don't like sharing the woods with other hunters cuz I'm concerned about my safety. Why would someone take their non-hunting family into an area where folks are shooting shotguns? I understand that we all need to share the same public land and they have every right to be there. If one of these non-hunter types gets shot they will sue and win but winning a lawsuit ain't gonna bring your loved one back. I'm getting a little sensitive on this topic only cuz this season I've had 4 different hunts spoiled cuz of people not hunting where I'm trying to bird hunt. The worst part of the whole thing is not once have they left after seeing me they just kept right on doing whatever they came to do. It's like they expect me pack up and move on :mad: I don't get it.
HuntsCTRiver
hunter

Return to Vermont Duck Hunting