Coyote shot in Troy, VT actually a wolf mix

Waterfowl topics at their best, post here and read others views on Vermont duck hunting

Moderator: yellodog1

Coyote shot in Troy, VT actually a wolf mix

Postby yellodog1 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:27 am

DNA testing came back for the dog shot in Troy, VT last year and it ended up being a wolf mix.

I'm sure there are more out there.
Hunt Vermont
yellodog1
State Moderator

Postby shortround2-3/4 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:51 pm

I know the guy who shot it. I'm interested in finding out what the FWS had to tell him, and if he will get it back to get mounted. He probly won't get it back though, cause it has wolf in it.
2007 so far: not enough
shortround2-3/4
hunter

Postby yellodog1 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:01 pm

It would be a nice mount. Who knows how it looks a year later. Hopefully it was frozen, and not beat up too much with everyone wanting a piece of it, and a picture.
Hunt Vermont
yellodog1
State Moderator

Postby Blaiser » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:58 pm

Here is the article from WCAX it sounds like it was all wolf to me, I like the end were it say's there are not any wolves in Vermont don't want to scare anybody!
Troy, Vermont - October 9, 2007

After a year long investigation, wildlife biologists say a large animal shot in the Northeast Kingdom last year was indeed a wolf.

Charlie Hammond thought he killed a coyote in a farm field in Troy last October. But the animal weighed 92 pounds so they sent it to a forensic laboratory for further testing.

It concluded the canine was part gray wolf, Eastern wolf. Officials believe the wolf was not wild, but rather set free or escaped from its owner.

No wild wolves are known to live in Vermont.
Blaiser
hunter

Return to Vermont Duck Hunting