Back On Leave

Waterfowl topics at their best, post here and read others views on Vermont duck hunting

Moderator: yellodog1

Back On Leave

Postby cwhit519 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:49 pm

I recently returned to VT is past weekend on leave from the Navy. I took my father out to "the old stomping grounds." Friday was the perfect day for waterfowl, blustery winds, slight rain. PERFECT!! We took a four birds, lost a couple because of some poor shooting and bad weather taken them out to the open champlain. All together not bad. Saturday only gave me two birds, but better than nothing. It felt good to be able to come back to VT and see the number of birds there. I saw more geese than I ever had before in the Lake Champlain area. Hundreds and Hundreds just looking for a place to land there were so many. The ducks numbered in the hundreds also. You guys able to hunt in VT are very lucking to have such good hunting still available to you. Looking luck and Happy hunting! :thumbsup:Image
Last edited by cwhit519 on Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bag To Date: 2008

Geese: 28
Teal: 5
Blacks: 7
Mallards: 11
Hooded Merganser: 2
Scoter: 1
cwhit519
hunter

Postby HotDog » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:28 pm

THANKS for your service cwit. God bless you and keep you safe.
WTN10 wrote:
"Why do you assume I'm a genius? Have you ever considered that I'm average and that you're retarded?"
HotDog
hunter

Postby yellodog1 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:37 pm

Glad you were able to get in a hunt CWHIT.
Like Hotdog said, I appreciate your service to the Country and to the rest of us.
Hunt Vermont
yellodog1
State Moderator

Postby Cedar Eater » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:58 pm

Sounds like you made good use of your leave Sailor, and an overall successful evolution...The best part will be the memories of the times shared hunting with your father, that's more important than your bag limit any day...Stay safe on your cruises and gain as much knowledge and experience as you can during your tours of duty...I'll try and save a few "red-legs" for ya'...Fair winds and following seas...XAWC
Cedar Eater
hunter

Postby cwhit519 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:10 pm

Thanks Cedar Eater, my POM leave went well, it was my last time to see my family before I head out on a P-3 deployment. The times hunting are some of the best that can never be forgotten, go luck to you also in your hunting trips, from and active AT3.
Bag To Date: 2008

Geese: 28
Teal: 5
Blacks: 7
Mallards: 11
Hooded Merganser: 2
Scoter: 1
cwhit519
hunter

Return to Vermont Duck Hunting