Green Mountain geese

Waterfowl topics at their best, post here and read others views on Vermont duck hunting

Moderator: yellodog1

Green Mountain geese

Postby Dogman » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:08 am

Got and invite from a friend to hunt his area this weekend.The first day was great and we came away with four birds.The second day had good promise but the best chance we had for birds was spoiled by a jogger running through the field with two dogs when a flock of birds were working our set up :mad:
I Thought my buddy was going to tackle him.Turns out after talking to the farmer that this guy has been kicked off his property before because his dogs chase and stir up his livestock.
Anyway heres a pic of the first fday results

All in all it was a nice trip to Vermont,annoying hippies aside. :hammer:
My lab is still the best hunting partner there is.
Dogman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby yellodog1 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:08 pm

Sounds good. Where in VT were you?
Hunt Vermont
yellodog1
State Moderator

Postby Dogman » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:24 pm

It was on the CT river,don't ask what town because I don't know.
Even still I would preffer to keep quiet even if I did know since these fields are my friends choice spots. :wink:
It was a nice trip,one I wouldn't mind doing again.Vermonts a nice place but you got one too many Brooklyn NY yuppie transplants,thats where the farmer told us this jogger is from.The farmer told us he knows the guy all too well and will pay him a less than friendly visit. :hammer:
My lab is still the best hunting partner there is.
Dogman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby shortround2-3/4 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:23 pm

We have had some run-ins with "transplants" (thats a kind term, we usually call them something else). The most ridiculous one was when two women came up behind 3 guys on the edge of the lake with guns yelling excuse me, excuse me, this is private property! The thing that really pissed us off was they don't even own that land and we have permission to hunt there :rolleyes:
2007 so far: not enough
shortround2-3/4
hunter

Postby Blaiser » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:37 am

you can remind those anti's that it is against the law to harrass hunters in the taking of quarry it wont help that day but might keep them from bugging you or others in the future.
Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to it.
Thomas Harris

The perils of duck hunting are great - especially for the duck.
Walter Cronkite
Blaiser
hunter

Postby VTgooseman » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:17 pm

Ive never had a problem with runners but the stupis A holes that stop to glass you deeks is kinda scary and happens all to offten to me. Good Hunting
VTgooseman
hunter

Return to Vermont Duck Hunting