Taxidermist

Waterfowl topics at their best, post here and read others views on Vermont duck hunting

Moderator: yellodog1

Taxidermist

Postby VT_Diver-Junkie » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:25 pm

Can someone point me to a good taxidermist in Vermont that does very good work for somewhere around $150 or so? I'm looking to have a Common Goldeneye (Male) mounted with cupped wings but also on an angle so you can see the front and back also want feet down!!! :thumbsup:
Theres nothing like frostbite and gunpowder in the air!!!!
VT_Diver-Junkie
hunter

Postby Ron Vt » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:10 am

I had a wood duck and surf scoter mounted by Green Mountain Taxidermy in Northfield. I think it was around 220.00 a bird. They do a good job. I doubt you will be able to find someone for 150.00. If you do, show a post, I also have a goldeneye drake I would like to mount and maybe we could get a break on two. Ron
Ron Vt
hunter

Postby VT_Diver-Junkie » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:29 am

Ron Vt wrote:I had a wood duck and surf scoter mounted by Green Mountain Taxidermy in Northfield. I think it was around 220.00 a bird. They do a good job. I doubt you will be able to find someone for 150.00. If you do, show a post, I also have a goldeneye drake I would like to mount and maybe we could get a break on two. Ron

Hey Ron I'm going to go see this guy today in Milton who I here is pretty good at mounting animals. I'll bring it up that maybe there can be a deal made for 2 birds instead of one. But i'll also see if I can lower the price to around $175 and tell him i'm short on cash because of the holidays. I'll get back to you tonight to let you know what the scoop is.
VT_Diver-Junkie
hunter

Postby VT_Diver-Junkie » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:24 am

Ok its called Williams Taxidermy and its on East Road in Milton. I stopped by today and there was no one there I can't find the number in the phone book if someone could help me that would be great. I need to get the bird there so nothing will happen to it.
VT_Diver-Junkie
hunter

Postby VT_Diver-Junkie » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:35 am

Brought the bird there this morning not a bad price at all 185 per bird and 5 for drift wood unless you bring your own. But I saw the work the guy does and it looks great!!! Brought pictures to him to give him an idea of what I want and he was very happy to see the pictures it makes it easier on him. Can't wait to see what it looks like. :biggrin:
VT_Diver-Junkie
hunter

Return to Vermont Duck Hunting