New to This site

Waterfowl topics at their best, post here and read others views on Vermont duck hunting

Moderator: yellodog1

New to This site

Postby vt dukhntr » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:18 pm

I have been lurking around this site from time to time over the last year or 2. Only once or twice made it to the VT page. Thought since I know a few people here I might register and check in from time to time.

Yellodog.....Missed you at the annual Christmas party this year. Hope all is going well down south. How long are you gone for? might have to make a trip up north to see Jodi :thumbsup: Let you raise another one of my children :lol: . As long as they are all Walkers it shouldn't matter. Ran into your brother a few weeks ago. Still dating the girl from Hooters!!!! How? Really...How????

Chambo...I'm guessing Andrew.... I hope we didn't mess you and Mike up that last Saturday. Motor wouldn't start, and with that wind we would have been tossed crossing to the other bay. Sounded like you got some good early shooting. We were really bummed when you guys packed up and went over to the other side. Seeing the volume of ducks coming out of there just killed us, knowing we had wanted to be ther to begin with.

How come you never called? No biggie, Saturday ended up being my last. Couldn't motivate myself to go out again. Go figure I think I broke my bad shooting streak that morning.

~Dave

My favorite hunting buddy!
vt dukhntr
hunter

Postby yellodog1 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:24 am

How are you Dave? Having lots of fun down here in Georgia...........Not really, but theres no snow.
Did you have a good year duck hunting?

I got a few days in, not a lot of ducks, but enough to say I made it out before I had to leave. I should be back up there in April.

Anyway, Ill talk to you later.
Hunt Vermont
yellodog1
State Moderator

Postby vt dukhntr » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:25 pm

Trevor,

We had a good season. It was up and down, but overall a good one. Not sure what the issue was, but I couldn't hit a still duck on a calm day at 20 yards if I had to. I think I chalked up more misses this year then the last 3 combined. That being said if I had been on the money I would have a freezer full.
Shot a banded Mallard close to the last day I hunted, Shawn did as well his last day. Still waiting on the info.
Almost lost my boat on the Lamoille, thankfully wind kept it in the mouth instead of the current taking it out to the open water. Then we broke down...both cases the same morning I was late due to not starting the coffee pot. Shawn and I sat back, laughed, and smoked a few cigars. Never once pulled the trigger that day.
Arthritis is getting the better of Clay, so he didn't hunt with me too much. He was there for first blood on the new boat, and a few other random hunts.
Things are good here. Going to break out the skis soon, December brought over 3 feet of snow to the valley...the mountains even more.
Enjoy the south!

~Dave
Have you punched a PETA member today? Why not?
vt dukhntr
hunter

Return to Vermont Duck Hunting