Non Resident Hunting.

Waterfowl topics at their best, post here and read others views on Vermont duck hunting

Moderator: yellodog1

Non Resident Hunting.

Postby New2thegame » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:20 pm

Hey everyone,

My parents have property in Jacksonville, VT. I live in CT and I am trying to plan a long weekend Hunting/Camping trip to VT and I was wondering if anyone could give me some good spots to go check out for hunting. I don't want your honey holes or anything just point me in the general direction. I am looking for legal areas to launch my 14' v-hull and get some greenheads to take back to camp for dinner and to save for home.

If someone would be kind enough to help me I would greatly appreciate the assistance.

Thanks-Drew PM me is you want to keep it hush hush!
New2thegame
hunter

Postby mailyard » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:55 pm

not a clue that far south come up to bomoseen or champlain and i could let you in on some spots.
mailyard
hunter

Postby yellodog1 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:43 pm

I dont know the area down that way either. I bet as we get closer to the season you might get some input.
Hunt Vermont
yellodog1
State Moderator

Postby vt dukhntr » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:00 pm

There are no ducks or geese in VT. Sorry would love to help, but they just aren't here.

Not overly familiar with that area. Too close to the Massholes. I looked at google and see a reservoir to the west. Maybe something in there. A few small ponds around there too. However most of the good hunting you will find is going to be well north of there. Up in the Champlain Valley area is where most of the action is. You might pick a few here and there in those smaller ponds, but its likely that the locals will have shot them up if they have ducks. Additionally when are you coming?? A lot of small water bodies freeze up pretty fast. The later you wait, the more of the southern part of the lake will freeze also. It's very shallow and freezes south of the bridge in Addison.
Have you punched a PETA member today? Why not?
vt dukhntr
hunter

Postby treedog » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:29 am

I'm from Jacksonville area, best place for a baot that size here isn't the best place for hunting, especially mallards.

The Connecticut river is your best bet, almost any backwater is as good as another, there is a very good duck population, I'd recommend going over to fish it a few times to learn the river and some spots, then maybe put a blind out first sat. in sept. a blind ensures you might have a spot to hunt from come opening day, there are many more hunters here than there are places to go. esp. for waterfowl and upland birds. gets crowded fast, but still beats the couch.

good luck and drop us a line as you get closer to coming up.

Bill
whiteoakfarm (at) live.com
treedog
hunter

Return to Vermont Duck Hunting