help or hurt?

Waterfowl topics at their best, post here and read others views on Vermont duck hunting

Moderator: yellodog1

help or hurt?

Postby HotDog » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:31 pm

With all the rain the last 100 years (or so it seems) it looks like we'll have high water for duck season openner.

Will this help or hinder you in your goto spot?

I'm liking it myself. :yes:
WTN10 wrote:
"Why do you assume I'm a genius? Have you ever considered that I'm average and that you're retarded?"
HotDog
hunter

Postby vt dukhntr » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:03 pm

Ask that question in a few weeks, like late Sept. While the water is high for the season, there is still 2 month for it to drop. And it can and likely will. THe ending result is the lake itself will see a lot of bays with a lot less shore vegetation for cover....thus less ducks.

However there are also a lot of holes out thee that can use this water for their own good. SOme of the shoreline vegetation really benefits around small ponds, or pot holes, even though the lake doesn't.

It's too early to say just yet how things will play out. I guess at this point I'm hoping it just keeps raining. Summer has been a wash, might as well get the water in the back holes that we all love on high water seasons

~Dave
Have you punched a PETA member today? Why not?
vt dukhntr
hunter

Return to Vermont Duck Hunting