vermont waterfowl festival and more

Waterfowl topics at their best, post here and read others views on Vermont duck hunting

Moderator: yellodog1

vermont waterfowl festival and more

Postby vtduduck » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:15 pm

guys, gals and dogs,

ducks unlimited has come up with the idea of a waterfowler hunters party. i think this could b e a good time but i want to add more. i'll tell ya what i want here in vermont then i'm going to ask ya to help me get 100 waterfowlers to the waterfowler hunters party sunday oct 5th to be held either at sandbar state park or knights point state park.

the party is du's idea to give and or raffle 40 dozen decoys alone with raffles for guns and layout blinds. 25.00 each lunch included.

i am including john bourbon's waterfowl festival to display our duck boats and am looking for vendors to display goods.

i am meeting with volunteers to set this festival into a waterfowl show.
what i want to see this year is:

retriever demos
kids games
decoys carvers display decoys of lake champlain
duck and goose calling contest hopefully to be a real vt state contest in the future. where the winner goes on>
silent auction of du items.
displays by other outdoor organizations

and ideas would be considered.

what i need from you, anyone who would like to get involved it would be appreciated. otherwise i need 20 guys to bring 5 other hunters to make this work.

what do ya think

thanks for your help and consideration.
hope to hear from each one of you

rick irick
vermont state deu chairman

email vtndt@surfglobal.net
vtduduck
Newb

Postby treedog » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:29 am

Everyone I asked to go to this or set up, carvers, boat builders,a nd a few dog trainers, all said it is opening weekend for Vermont Archery and it's not possible.

I can't go myself as I am hunting Northeast Zone NY back home with my nephews, it's opening day on the 4th.

If it was this month or in August I'd say count on 100 plus vendors and exhibitors. Most are booked or planned out a year or two in advance, a month's notice is tight but sometimes those things are easier to pull off than a year away planning!

good luck and let us know how it turns out.
Will
treedog
hunter

Postby ronvt » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:28 am

I would attend. Possibly bring one or two with me.
ronvt
hunter

Postby yellodog1 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:20 am

Sounds good. I bet we could get a number of people to go. the problem is the dates. The best time would be late September before archery season starts.
Hunt Vermont
yellodog1
State Moderator

Return to Vermont Duck Hunting