Duck Hunting Forum banner

CT river hunting areas

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  HuntsCTRiver 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I've been hunting a variety of areas over the years mostly small ponds around rutland and a handfull of spots along champlain but have not hunted on the CT river much. Just a couple spots in Thetford and Bradford. I have located a few areas south of Springfield that look promising but....... I would love some help identifying a stretch that produces. Any help from the duck gods would be greatly appreciated.

#3 ·
Hey thanks for the positive response. How much pressure does that stretch recieve? Not sure if you fly solo or not but I'd love to tag along someday.

#4 ·
It gets a TON of pressure on opening day and the first few weekends of the season. once deer season opens most folks forget about ducks and you get the whole place to yourself. Which is a good thing because you can setup wherever you feel like but can be very slow because nobody is moving ducks around.

I have a very tight schedule this season and am limited to wednesdays and don't plan on going out much at all until late in the year but I would love to hook up if you can hunt on a Wed. Do you think we could do a trade for a hunt over by rutland? I want to move over there as soon as I finish school so it would be nice to have a little local knowledge.

drop me a pm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.