A little slice of Heaven

Waterfowl topics at their best, post here and read others views on Vermont duck hunting

Moderator: yellodog1

A little slice of Heaven

Postby HJF » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:49 pm

Well I just got back from another week in Saskatchewan, and finally put the pictures on my photobucket account. I thought I would share some of them and show what hunting is like in Heaven.

Moon coming up

A quick limit of sharptail grouse

A few sandhill cranes....they decoy well, are a hell of alot of fun to shoot, and taste great!

A nice pintail

Last edited by HJF on Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HJF
hunter

Page 2

Postby HJF » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:02 pm

Out there you can only shoot geese until noon, starting on 10/15 it goes to all day.....so game on for the white devil in the evening. The worst part is they did not start to come out to feed until about 1 hour left in shooting time (1/2 hour after sunset, vs. sunset here) It got pretty fast and furious for 45 minutes.

All of the duck shooting is done over dry fields....mostly peas with some barley. It is a trip to have 300 mallards trying to land in your layout blind.

Next to last morning, 39 mallards and a pintail in 1 hour :eek: When we scouted this field there were groups of up to 300 birds coming in at 30 second intervals for a full half an hour.

My best friend and I flew out together and there were a few other guys from Wisconsin in camp. Next to last day, fat greenies.

And finally, the last morning before we had to get on the plane. Just the 2 of us for a quick shoot.

HJF
hunter

Postby mossy » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:48 pm

Looks like fun! .........How do those Grouse taste?
mossy
hunter

Postby HuntsCTRiver » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:19 pm

Nice job! Looks like a good time.
HuntsCTRiver
hunter

Postby Lavman » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:33 am

I am totally impressed. I have only been duck hunting for 3 seasons now, am a total novice and have never even dreamed of bagging that many ducks in a day - just WOW!
Lavman
hunter

Return to Vermont Duck Hunting